BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/11/2023 11:22 PM  #1

Farnborough

Wow... That is the best we have played so far this season - so much more entertaining and confident play. Still don't like the goal kick routine and the reverse play, but we look so much better in the midfield link-up play. On another day with a bit more luck and composure we could have been 4-0 up at HT.

And difficult to choose a MOTM as this was a real team performance, but I have no argument with giving it to Dan.

07/11/2023 11:29 PM  #2

Re: Farnborough

Really good performance. After moaning about recent home performances, I have to credit the team with how they played tonight. Such a big difference in midfield with Mehew and Williams. Ellison was assured and praise also due to Fas up front who worked so hard and led the line with intelligence.

See Farnborough have just released a statement about an incident in the 2nd half.

07/11/2023 11:43 PM  #3

So noticeable how much better we've played the past two games - flowing with confidence and playing with pace and an attacking threat every time we go forward. We also seemed to be first to every loose ball today - fantastic seeing the work rate from the lads right until the final whistle.

07/11/2023 11:43 PM  #4

Very good game to watch and, apart from one or two scary moments faffing about at the back pretending to be Man City, we were excellent.  The interplay between Williams/Mehew/Bradbury/Jones in particular was very impressive up the right flank in the second half and Fas ran himself ragged occupying their centre backs.  Would have been very happy with 4 points from the two games before Saturday but 6 is top drawer.  Well done all.

08/11/2023 12:03 AM  #5

Most enjoyable home match this season and definitely the best performance. Still do not understand the choreographed routine at goal kicks (don't think I have ever seen the move get beyond the halfway line) and a couple of times 1st half we almost came unstuck overplaying at the back and found ourselves unnecessarily on the back foot for a brief period. However that small complaint aside, very good all round from the team. We were assertive with the ball and looked to go forward with our passing as often as possible which was good to see. The players for the first time in a while actually seemed to be using their own initiative and adapting to situations.

Midfield looking much better and more balanced with Williams often tucking in and the directness of Mehew. Luke Spokes seems to have a good understanding with those two. I have been critical of Caine Bradbury in the past but I must praise him now. He really dug in first half on Saturday and was excellent tonight - another goal and really good with and without the ball. Fasanmade was also excellent and gave us a welcome new dimension up front in the centre forward position. He worked his socks off and constantly had a desire to run in behind the Farnborough defence. He looks to have the potential to be really effective through the middle.

Not sure what happened with the off the pitch incident early 2nd half but one of our fans was left reeling at half time stating he had been punched. Certainly the stewarding after this incident looked unprepared and off the pace.

Last edited by Argus (08/11/2023 2:28 AM)

08/11/2023 12:29 AM  #6

Great game of football, one of the best performances of the season, on another day could have had another couple of goals which wouldn't have flattered the team at all. They seemed really up for it and with a busy run of games coming up, is a positive sign. Caine seems to be in a purple patch and scoring some important goals, an all round team performance when we needed one.

I was standing on the dugout side at half time. Our supporters from behind the goal were walking down there to go towards Sheldon End, was about 15 of them, saw Farnborough fans were walking down and Chippenham fans became very hesitant to walk any further and then cleared the aisle and stood to the side to avoid conflict, and were stood against the hoardings to give them space to go through. I was stood in the proximity of this. A couple youngsters about 13 were singing, Farnborough fans came past and one of them said let's see how hard you are now and himself and another two one being a very large gentleman in a light blue jumper, started throwing punches, one Chippenham fan was hit hard in side of face, they threw punches at a woman with them and young children and also threw their drinks at our fans, soaking ones in that area totally disgusting behaviour. To the credit of our supporters despite the aggression being shown did not fight back and the woman protected the young children and her and another older one were shouting at them to go away and our supporters then went towards Sheldon End.

Last edited by Chipp_Bluebird (08/11/2023 12:30 AM)

08/11/2023 1:08 AM  #7

Good performance, not sure about it being our best one of the season, but certainly top end. First half we looked a bit shakey at times but second half we dominated them. They were unbeaten in 7 and we made them look very ordinary.

This young team will keep on improving with time and I think with time it can achieve some surprising things.

Lots of people aren’t happy with the playing out from the back (messing about with it is the technical term I think) but think supporters need to understand that it’s done with a purpose of making space higher up the pitch which is why Caine/Ed and co look so good at times.

Tonight’s squad was missing Nat Williams, Tom Owen-Evans, Aaron Holloway, Will King and Jake Evans. 3/4 of those were starters a few weeks ago so we have fantastic depth. Special mention to Dan Ellison, won all his headers and tackles and at just 18 years old that is very special. I’ll have some of what they feed them at the academy please

08/11/2023 1:18 AM  #8

Funny old game wrote:

Good performance, not sure about it being our best one of the season, but certainly top end. First half we looked a bit shakey at times but second half we dominated them. They were unbeaten in 7 and we made them look very ordinary.

This young team will keep on improving with time and I think with time it can achieve some surprising things.

Lots of people aren’t happy with the playing out from the back (messing about with it is the technical term I think) but think supporters need to understand that it’s done with a purpose of making space higher up the pitch which is why Caine/Ed and co look so good at times.

Tonight’s squad was missing Nat Williams, Tom Owen-Evans, Aaron Holloway, Will King and Jake Evans. 3/4 of those were starters a few weeks ago so we have fantastic depth. Special mention to Dan Ellison, won all his headers and tackles and at just 18 years old that is very special. I’ll have some of what they feed them at the academy please

Can see Ellison being one of the real highlights of the season, developing extremely well, commanding and a really solid header for the goal, excited to see what is to come. Hopefully we can keep hold of him, wouldn't surprise me if he has clubs keeping tabs on him.

08/11/2023 9:14 AM  #9

Agree with what's been said by others. Best footballing performance on the season for me., although we do need to put some of those many chances away. Got a bit nervy at the end with the 9 minutes of additional time. A draw would have been very unjust as we dominated the game.
The tippy tappy from the back, mostly worked but a couple of nervy moments with one resulting in a corner.
Williams and Mehew have made a real difference and with everyone fit we really do have depth in the squad.

Couple of negatives, Sorry,  first being the crowd...we do need to see some improvement on this, very disappointing. Perhaps some improved marketing or a social media push.
The other being the issues at the Cricket end. We have seen and read on here many opinions, its the stewards, our fans, theirs etc.. etc..fact of the matter is, this is not the first time and it needs to be stamped out and quickly. Better stewarding?, has drinking around the ground not helped? Why are those involved not removed from the ground?
This will only turn the family supporter away.

Last edited by Wellard (08/11/2023 9:28 AM)

08/11/2023 9:37 AM  #10

Wellard wrote:

Agree with what's been said by others. Best footballing performance on the season for me., although we do need to put some of those many chances away. Got a bit nervy at the end with the 9 minutes of additional time. A draw would have been very unjust as we dominated the game.
The tippy tappy from the back, mostly worked but a couple of nervy moments with one resulting in a corner.
Williams and Mehew have made a real difference and with everyone fit we really do have depth in the squad.

Couple of negatives, Sorry,  first being the crowd...we do need to see some improvement on this, very disappointing. Perhaps some improved marketing or a social media push.
The other being the issues at the Cricket end. We have seen and read on here many opinions, its the stewards, our fans, theirs etc.. etc..fact of the matter is, this is not the first time and it needs to be stamped out and quickly. Better stewarding?, has drinking around the ground not helped? Why are those involved not removed from the ground?
This will only turn the family supporter away.

Our lot in Cricket End not always been innocent but the events of last night were not their doing, they were making their way up towards the Sheldon End and a group of Farnborough fans set upon them. Our lot moved out of the way and gave them a clear path even and three Farnborough fans started throwing punches.

Board footera