BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/11/2023 10:12 AM  #11

Re: Eastbourne Borough

Pretty much agree with all the above. I also was very impressed with Dan Ellison and quite possibly I would have given him MOTM under the circumstances of his introduction to the game. We still resort too often for my liking to a reverse pass back into our own half when we should be building forward momentum,inviting the opposition to press and wait for an error. Also we now seem to have both centre backs in the penalty area for goal kicks, which does give Henry an option to play out to either wing, but starves the outfield of 2 players and most times they simply kick it back into the box for Henry. I thought Mehew fitted in very quickly when he came on and I think Bradbury was freed up to be more creative as a result. Anyway a great home win which should be a welcome confidence boost for the team.A win on Tuesday night will steady the nerves

05/11/2023 11:51 AM  #12

Have to agree we started slowly and tentatively. But that’s hardly surprising with the results we’ve had at home of late. But when we do get going and certain players get their heads up we look a very good side. I thought Ed Williams was our stand out player yesterday. And he bossed the midfield and linked up play really well. Along with Mal Nicholes who always seems to be available and links things up well with his short passing game. Haines and Spokes give the side strength and a bit of power that is needed in this division. McClures touch and hold up play is excellent. And with Tyrekes pace and trickery and Fas sheer pace when we do get the ball forward we are very exciting to watch. Defenders hate opposition pace and those two are as quick as anything I’ve see at our level. When we do click as we did at times yesterday it’s really exciting to watch. Really good to see happy people coming out of the ground yesterday. And with the addition of Tom Mehew the side looks strong. And competition for places is there. Farnborugh are on a fantastic run of form and will come to town looking for the 3 points. Which should suit us with the pace we have. Hope the Will Richards bit is right. One of the best players to ever play at Chippenham in my time and young players like Ellison can learn so much from him. Really looking forward to Tuesday. Cum on Chippenham. 😎

05/11/2023 1:13 PM  #13

I don’t think we will see Will Richards play for a while given he hasn’t played since April.  Will need matches to get fit and I don’t know how he would get them at this stage of the season other than going to another team to play. Holloway was back running Pre game so I’d expect him to come in.  I appreciate the nostalgia with Will Richards and he certainly has his place in at this level but I don’t feel like he would fit how Gary has got us playing this season.  Would he want to be a bit part player as well?

05/11/2023 9:03 PM  #14

"Don't feel he would fit in the way Gary has us playing this season". Would that be the style that has seen us lose 5 games at home playing boring football. As for Will Richards l would have him in the team anytime. Think him and AAH would be a good pairing and with Luke Haines in midfield.

06/11/2023 3:34 PM  #15

Joiner wrote:

"Don't feel he would fit in the way Gary has us playing this season". Would that be the style that has seen us lose 5 games at home playing boring football. As for Will Richards l would have him in the team anytime. Think him and AAH would be a good pairing and with Luke Haines in midfield.

That would be the style that’s seen us have our best points tally at this stage of the season since our first year in this league, whilst having our youngest, most inexperienced squad (bit of an guesstimate) in the clubs recent history.

5 points off Bath, Torquay, Farnborough and Maidstone - what do you think there budget is compared to our budget?

06/11/2023 5:54 PM  #16

Funny old game wrote:

Joiner wrote:

That would be the style that’s seen us have our best points tally at this stage of the season since our first year in this league, whilst having our youngest, most inexperienced squad (bit of an guesstimate) in the clubs recent history.

5 points off Bath, Torquay, Farnborough and Maidstone - what do you think there budget is compared to our budget?

As much as I applaud your optimism about our performances Funny old game, I have to agree with Joiner on this one. Seperate point in regard to Will Richards - when fit he should be the first name on the team sheet - a proper player. Quite sure most people would see his potential comeback as a major improvement to the team. I would even go as far as making him captain. But football is a game of opinions.

Interesting stat that you have produced about the points tally at this stage in the campaign and that may be a fact, but our eyes  would tell us that the " brand of football" this season been underwhelming, disappointing (Hungerford, Dartford debacles)and mainly boring.

As for the budget - have no idea what it is in comparison to those four clubs. Your probably right that it is smaller but like the  expansion of academy set up and the proposal regarding a new 3G pitch, budgets and club expectations never get communicated thoroughly from higher up to the paying punters.

Board footera