BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/9/2023 5:55 PM  #31

Re: Hungerford

Well what happened to the side that finished so well last season? That was a catastrophic result against Hungerford! What is it about Hungerford! We’re hopeless every time against them.
TBH we were very fortunate in the early rounds last year before overcoming Lincoln. Massive opportunity missed and the potential revenue loss is unimaginable!
I think several supporters like me will be journeying eastbound up M4 instead of going to HP!
Will be expecting them to do much better in the FAT!

21/9/2023 1:26 AM  #32

Funny old game wrote:

Behind the goal wrote:

Sounds like we was poor. I wouldn’t know as fans was thrown out before the game due to last week being involved with Maidstone fans. Nice to see stewards have still got their jobs after starting on fans the other week.

More issues with stewards??

Following recent behaviour that I have seen videos of on social media, I am very surprised the same stewards, one in particular who was aggressive and threatening, are still welcome in the ground. 

I did see two guys in their 20's I would say, be removed by Neil from the bar before a ball had even been kicked, whilst trying to have a pre-match drink, were not being disorderly or anything, seemed to be from the 'Ultras' group. Might have been a blessing for them not to have to witness the game, one of them took them took it rather badly though.

I also overheard a discussion on Saturday between club officials down by the tunnel, that going forward every time a home fan is in the same area as away fans they will be banned for the next home game, which just seems totally barmy to me, you can't say it is an unsegregated ground then throw out bans for being in certain areas. Maybe the two were ejected for being in with Maidstone fans the previous home game, there was no trouble and I have even seen a photo on Facebook of Chippenham and Maidstone fans together with a scarf and they looked like they were all having a nice time and integrating well. Saturday wasn't a good day for the club as a whole, hopefully at Weymouth there will be reason for more optimism on and off the pitch.

21/9/2023 11:48 AM  #33

How they are still stewards we don’t know. One got aggressive towards us and the rest was telling Taunton to go kick everyone heads in but they will walk away which to me is disgusting.
Lads behind that goal go home and away. We don’t cause trouble we go to games have a laugh and get behind the team. Every game is unsegregated we pay £15 to stand or sit anywhere in the ground.
The two lads that was thrown out Saturday was told the reason why they have to leave was because they was stood with Maidstone fans. What makes matters worst is they paid to enter the ground and went to buy a pre match pint. They haven’t got the money back and personally if you’re going to ban fans atleast do it before they enter the ground.
Thank you for letting us know about if we stay down cricket end both halves they will be banned next home game. This is now a discussion that’s going on in the group chat on whether we continue to come to Chippenham home and away games or just go to away games or find a different club that will appreciate us at every game.

We will be at Weymouth Saturday being loud so we will see you there.

Last edited by Behind the goal (21/9/2023 11:57 AM)

21/9/2023 4:11 PM  #34

Behind the goal wrote:

How they are still stewards we don’t know. One got aggressive towards us and the rest was telling Taunton to go kick everyone heads in but they will walk away which to me is disgusting.
Lads behind that goal go home and away. We don’t cause trouble we go to games have a laugh and get behind the team. Every game is unsegregated we pay £15 to stand or sit anywhere in the ground.
The two lads that was thrown out Saturday was told the reason why they have to leave was because they was stood with Maidstone fans. What makes matters worst is they paid to enter the ground and went to buy a pre match pint. They haven’t got the money back and personally if you’re going to ban fans atleast do it before they enter the ground.
Thank you for letting us know about if we stay down cricket end both halves they will be banned next home game. This is now a discussion that’s going on in the group chat on whether we continue to come to Chippenham home and away games or just go to away games or find a different club that will appreciate us at every game.

We will be at Weymouth Saturday being loud so we will see you there.

I hope you all continue to go both home and away. Without you, there's no atmosphere, the ground is dead. Don't underestimate how much your vocal support is appreciated by the players and a lot of other fans.

21/9/2023 6:55 PM  #35

Reading these postings l am a little bit confused. I am no youngster so if l decide l want to sit down to watch the game in the stand behind the goal and say in the first half the away fans are at the hockey end and are in the stand behind the goal in the second half do l have to move from  where l am sitting or risk getting thrown out?????

21/9/2023 11:52 PM  #36

Joiner wrote:

Reading these postings l am a little bit confused. I am no youngster so if l decide l want to sit down to watch the game in the stand behind the goal and say in the first half the away fans are at the hockey end and are in the stand behind the goal in the second half do l have to move from  where l am sitting or risk getting thrown out?????

It’s aimed at us behind the goal at the cricket end. We want to sit that end both halves even when the away fans come in that end. Because of that we are being threatened to be thrown out and banned.

22/9/2023 2:15 PM  #37

Sounds like you guys are being targeted which isn't really that fair. If the club don't want fans mixing, they need to segregate rather than target and single out certain people, should be everyone is allowed in together or nobody is allowed in there with away fans. As the previous poster said you and the group there are the ones who make an atmosphere without you would hear a pin drop, that's why I stand to the right of you when we are shooting towards cricket end. Hopefully the club will see sense and work with you going forward as you have a good thing going there.

Board footera