BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/9/2023 3:51 PM  #1

Hungerford

Losing 0-1 HT. More of the same, no difference to last week. I don't know what excuses will be given this week

16/9/2023 4:55 PM  #2

Re: Hungerford

Maybe need to stop pissing about with it at the back…so I’m told…as not there.

16/9/2023 4:56 PM  #3

I left at 1-3. I never leave before the end of a match.

Something needs to change...

16/9/2023 5:02 PM  #4

And finishing 1-4 and down to 10 men again.

Concentrate on the league - we need to if we want to stay in it

16/9/2023 5:16 PM  #5

Congratulations to hungerford , by far the better team today
Note to mr Horgan, we are not good enough to keep passing it around at the back and that was obvious from today’s performance and we need to change tactics

16/9/2023 5:53 PM  #6

That was a total embarrassment.Even the dependable Will Henry had a game he will want to forget.There just wasn’t any energy or thought in the way we played.Would be interested to know why McClure didn’t play even though he was down to start.Wasn’t at last week’s game but was told that was a poor performance,two on the bounce should the alarm bells be ringing.

16/9/2023 6:03 PM  #7

Sounds like we was poor. I wouldn’t know as fans was thrown out before the game due to last week being involved with Maidstone fans. Nice to see stewards have still got their jobs after starting on fans the other week.

16/9/2023 6:03 PM  #8

McClure supposedly injured in pre-match warm up and Craig played instead.I didn't see the pre-match warm up but he didn't seem to have any issues as he was sat on the bench and took part in the HT pitch warm up with subs. I wonder if he is leaving and didn't want to be cup tied

16/9/2023 6:33 PM  #9

Well for the fear of upsetting the blue tinted glasses brigade my assessment of today’s game. But just before that have heard one or two comments about how quiet the forum has been recently. Been told by more than one person they don’t post on here anymore due to the “unhelpful “ responses from some people if they agree with you comments.That’s been polite!
 Todays game. Embarrassing is the best way to describe it. We didn’t have a clue from start to finish. Tactics or lack of them and certainly an inability to counter the way Hungerford were playing were obvious. Defence didn’t know what to do with the ball apart from keep passing it to each other or backwards. That may have been because Hungerford dominated midfield and forward line non existent. But then you could count on one hand the number of decent forward passes.
Someone has already said what excuses would be given for today’s abysmal showing. Looking through the postings after last week’s game excuses such as the weather, playing a full time side, tired after the Taunton game, one of the smallest budgets in the league all given. Well none of those applied today so what will we hear? Even one posting after the Maidstone tried to remain positive but said if we lose to Hungerford they would be concerned. Wonder what that person is thinking tonight. The truth is we are not good enough.
One final point, team selection. Tough FA cup game and young Marcel Lewis picked. Good young player along with Mal Nicolls but would have thought a more experienced midfield should have started when you had Jake Evans and Will King on the bench. At least Marcel Lewis showed more urgency than others out on that pitch today

16/9/2023 7:26 PM  #10

Other FACup results.Gloucester City0AFCTotton3.Unfortunately Larkhall2 Bath3.Larkhall were 2 up.

Board footera