BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/9/2023 9:37 PM  #11

Re: Maidstone

Was always going to be a tough game in the heat and after the efforts on Tuesday. Maidstone were a solid side, one of the best we have come against so far. It just one of those days where they not able to be competitive, definitely wasn't through a lack of effort but the absence of any sort of end product was worrying. They have an easier week ahead and should be tip top again for the FA Cup, they have had a hard week.

I could have sworn I heard the Maidstone fans behind the goal singing Chippenham songs as well in second half, I am guessing some of ours were in there with them?

Last edited by Chipp_Bluebird (09/9/2023 9:38 PM)

09/9/2023 9:48 PM  #12

Hardly surprising that in conditions like those, we were outplayed by a full-time outfit. Fitness showed, our fight isn’t with the likes of Maidstone, but worth noting this division is already shaping up to be incredibly tight this season.

Again, I’ve seen enough from this group to know we’ll be alright, especially when we get back to full strength.

10/9/2023 12:12 AM  #13

Heat told against a good full-time team, and I'm sure the effort we had to put in Tuesday didn't help either in terms of matching their fitness levels. Nothing to be too concerned over therefore I don't think, but, granted, that doesn't change that it was a horrendous watch in truth with us barely getting into their half throughout and being comfortably second-best. I agree that we have seen enough from this squad to trust them to bounce back though.

Not sure why some are criticising the playing style, we have had a good amount of success playing this way and it can be brilliant to watch. If we fail to beat Hungerford though that would be concerning, with them not exactly hitting the ground running in the southern prem and also playing Tuesday, unlike us.

10/9/2023 12:40 AM  #14

As someone has said previously, men against boys.  Maidstone didn’t need to get out of second gear and could have played with a rush goalie.  However I expected nothing from this game so am not too worried about our performance.  The heat made it seem like a meaningless pre-season game at times, and it was noticeable that the majority of the crowd were barely engaged in the “action” in front of them, particularly in the second half.  Write this one off.  

Board footera