BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/9/2023 5:15 PM  #1

Taunton (H) - September 5th 2023

1-1

625 gate

05/9/2023 8:15 PM  #2

Re: Taunton (H) - September 5th 2023

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

1-1

625 gate

Whoops, for a few seconds I thought that was the latest score!  . Not so, we are currently 2-0 up!

05/9/2023 8:34 PM  #3

Not at the game tonight as my Father in Law’s funeral was today. I understand Freddy Grant has been send off, which is a real blow - what was the red card for ? Would settle for 2-0 at this stage with 10 men COYB

05/9/2023 10:20 PM  #4

A roller coaster of a game.  2-0 up and in control, then the red card put us completely on the back foot.  Grant gets a needless booking for taking too long to throw in, then immediately gets another for a high challenge.  Cost us big time.  I’d have settled for a point at half time.  It was always going to be a very long second half, but the 10 men put a real shift in and even though Spokes wonder goal gave us the two-goal cushion there was always that feeling that it might not be enough, and so it proved.  Great value for money and another point gained, or two lost, depending on if you’re a cup half full or half empty merchant.

05/9/2023 11:18 PM  #5

Red card looked harsh in my opinion, didn't take overly long for the throw for the first and for the second was only trying to control the ball with the Taunton player running into him as he did so and going down with a big shout to get him sent off. Changed a game we were completely in control of.

Despite the late equaliser we can hold our heads high though and now the dust has settled would say a point gained rather than two lost myself. Unlucky not to get that one right at the end as well. Windsor looked a different beast today after a slow start to the season, Spokes and Evans both battled hard in midfield and the back line were brilliant at dealing with the inevitable onslaught also. Windsor man of the match for me. Shame about the crowd trouble, don't know the details but that Taunton fan must have said something pretty bad for the ref to single him out and require him to be kicked out before the game could restart.

An encouraging start to the season albeit marred by injuries and red cards. On an unrelated note I don't know why some of our fans stay at the cricket end rather than change ends at half time, means our fans are weirdly split between both ends and it probably isn't wise to be in amongst the away fans...

05/9/2023 11:32 PM  #6

Ref said it was a racist comment aimed at Fasanmade.
No place for that.
Their manager wouldn’t except it was a Taunton fan, despite the culprit being behind our goal and wearing a Taunton shirt.

Agree sending off changed the game. Freddie had been warned to hurry up a couple of times before and should know the new rules, only himself to blame.
Some great goals and excitement but quality was gone for a back to the wall heroic defencive effort.

05/9/2023 11:37 PM  #7

Fred Grant is a bloody idiot.

Cost us the game as at that point we were only winning by 3 or 4.  Why time waste in the 25/30th minute.

He’s been a good signing but hope he is dealt with internally as that has now made us work twice as hard and probably given us more injuries as well as costing us two points.

Their fans much resemble their teams playing style.  Sh**e. Kick long and long, again and again and again.

06/9/2023 12:43 AM  #8

Exciting game, brave Chippenham performance after going down to 10 so early. Heartbreaking to go down in stoppage time, which was in the majority due to the horrendous behaviour of the Taunton supporters behind the goal. I was stood to the right of the stand on the concrete and heard a Taunton fan loudly shout get up you n***** at Fasanmade whilst he was injured in the six yard box and a comment was made to the ref which he then tried to get the fan ejected for but the stewards would not intervene. A notable number of Taunton fans have really let their club down tonight with their behaviour and I would hope the National League/FA will look into this.

I think Taunton will feel they stole a point tonight, gutted for the team, was a really big effort they put in and really deserved more. Atmosphere was good tonight again, the fans got behind the team when their backs were to the wall.

I also was astounded to witness after the game outside the bar 3 of the same stewards who were at Taunton end second half go after one of our own fans and one of said stewards threw a punch at the supporter as Simon Lawrence was defusing the situation, not quite sure that is in their job description, maybe some re-training is required there.

Last edited by Chipp_Bluebird (06/9/2023 12:44 AM)

06/9/2023 12:55 AM  #9

Eden wrote:

Red card looked harsh in my opinion, didn't take overly long for the throw for the first and for the second was only trying to control the ball with the Taunton player running into him as he did so and going down with a big shout to get him sent off. Changed a game we were completely in control of.

Despite the late equaliser we can hold our heads high though and now the dust has settled would say a point gained rather than two lost myself. Unlucky not to get that one right at the end as well. Windsor looked a different beast today after a slow start to the season, Spokes and Evans both battled hard in midfield and the back line were brilliant at dealing with the inevitable onslaught also. Windsor man of the match for me. Shame about the crowd trouble, don't know the details but that Taunton fan must have said something pretty bad for the ref to single him out and require him to be kicked out before the game could restart.

An encouraging start to the season albeit marred by injuries and red cards. On an unrelated note I don't know why some of our fans stay at the cricket end rather than change ends at half time, means our fans are weirdly split between both ends and it probably isn't wise to be in amongst the away fans...

In regards to the fans behind cricket end both halves, they have done this since New Year I would say, it isn't a new thing. They are the vocal fans who sing. I don't join in with the singing but watch mostly on the concrete area to their right, when I go to games. That group seem happy and have some banter with away fans and get along with rival supporters on the whole, they are far from trouble makers. They are just supporting the Bluebirds in their own way.

06/9/2023 6:07 AM  #10

Chipp_Bluebird wrote:

Exciting game, brave Chippenham performance after going down to 10 so early. Heartbreaking to go down in stoppage time, which was in the majority due to the horrendous behaviour of the Taunton supporters behind the goal. I was stood to the right of the stand on the concrete and heard a Taunton fan loudly shout get up you n***** at Fasanmade whilst he was injured in the six yard box and a comment was made to the ref which he then tried to get the fan ejected for but the stewards would not intervene. A notable number of Taunton fans have really let their club down tonight with their behaviour and I would hope the National League/FA will look into this.

I think Taunton will feel they stole a point tonight, gutted for the team, was a really big effort they put in and really deserved more. Atmosphere was good tonight again, the fans got behind the team when their backs were to the wall.

I also was astounded to witness after the game outside the bar 3 of the same stewards who were at Taunton end second half go after one of our own fans and one of said stewards threw a punch at the supporter as Simon Lawrence was defusing the situation, not quite sure that is in their job description, maybe some re-training is required there.

If that’s true then we need better stewarding and maybe the police in attendance.

And while I’m here, can we please buy another card machine for the turnstiles. It’s embarrassing that people have to queue for 10 mins for a crowd of 600, when the cash queue is empty.
It’s been said before, we are still very amateur off the pitch.

Board footera