BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/8/2023 10:23 PM  #1

Aveley

No predictions?  I’ll start………. 1-1, att 545

04/8/2023 11:43 PM  #2

Re: Aveley

Sorry will miss it (works golf day lol)

3-1 att 638

05/8/2023 11:41 AM  #3

Looking forward to this afternoon’s game,hope the weather doesn’t spoil things.Will be interesting to see what the starting eleven and substitutes are.

05/8/2023 12:44 PM  #4

Lots of variables today so even more difficult than normal to predict? I will have a go at 1-0 win, attendance 612. Looking forward to it despite the weather forecast!

05/8/2023 2:33 PM  #5

Bit of an unknown quantity to us Averly. But they should arrive confident with back to back promotions over the previous two seasons. We need to start well and hopefully score early. Let them know there in the National League South now. I’ll go for a 3-1 win.Maybe the crowd down a bit because of the wind and the rain forecast. Good luck Gary, Matt and the lads. 😎

05/8/2023 3:33 PM  #6

Latest...

Chipp 1 up.

05/8/2023 5:01 PM  #7

Ft   chippenham 1-0  averly

05/8/2023 7:11 PM  #8

Wasn't the most pleasing performance on the eye, a bit of a fortuitous goal but got the three points and that is the main thing. Squad look like they have a lot more to give, which is good. Quite an even contest on the whole. Crowd maybe a bit low for an opening day with under 600 I believe, but weather wasn't great and holidays etc, Aveley brought a fair few. Atmosphere was good, the group behind the goal were there both halves, made themselves heard and definitely having them there both halves enhances the atmosphere. I also heard a couple of times a chant for Fran from them, which was very classy.  All in all a decent opening day I would say.

05/8/2023 7:45 PM  #9

We didn’t start very well, pushed back by the lively visitors, but gradually we got a foothold.  Once we’d scored we seemed to control the rest of the first half and Aveley seems to run out of steam.  Second half was always going to be tricky, kicking up against a very strong wind, but I thought we kept our shape very well and the back four were solid.  Great save by Will Henry down to his left by the way.  Heard a few moans on the way out (the only gripe I would have is the tendency to overplay from the back - nearly cost us, and better teams will take advantage) but I was delighted with those three points given our makeshift midfield, difficult conditions and opponents who were well up for their first taste of the NLS.  3 down, 47 to go 😁

05/8/2023 11:35 PM  #10

I'll take that for an opening game.  The above summaries are spot on.  Early on Aveley ( buoyed by back-to-back promotions) forced us into errors at the back with Jake E a bit culpable on 2 or 3 occasions  as they came at us with purpose.. Relief came from a well deserved goal from Tyreke J who'd already just slammed  the  upright/crossbar angle minutes before.. ... a mirror image of one of their earlier strikes , also from 30+ metres, that had just left Will Henry completely stranded.  The wind got up further in the second half and they pretty much laid siege to our goal, with several close efforts. We held up well, though, and played our football,  building from the back. but perhaps not calming the tempo down quite enough in the closing stages.

Overall, I thought we were the better footballing side..  We seem now to have a clear philosophy and vision... courtesy of Gary H and Matt.  It's an exciting one: marauding wing backs , orthodox wingers who can also improvise. I was impressed by AAH,  as well as the much less experienced Nat Williams who look as though they may well  develop really well  as a partnership. They're both footballers... although Nat is prone to underhit passes in dangerous areas. Freddie Grant is an interesting one. I'm really impressed by him ( although others around me are more doubtful).  He is unusual in many ways and he talks and cajoles non stop but he looks influential,  and quirky and gets the job done. He might become a fan favourite in time.  Caine was ever solid.  Tyreke caused problems for Aveley particularly in the first half. Fas had a quiet game by his standards. Eddie Jones did his job well. Will King was whole-hearted and efficient but I'm not sure if playing on the right suits him. Will Henry stops hearts occasionally and then wins them again with fantastic saves. Luke Spokes looked a class act when he came on late in the game.  MM  was vocal, influential and did his usual unglamorous professional business tying up their CBs.

Gary & Matt, I think, have assembled a talented a squad of players at Chippenham.. With a classy bench and the addition of George Abbott we seem to have cover and strength in depth that I haven't witnessed before.  The omens are good... given that this is a newly assembled unit .. still awaiting the return of Luke Haines and TO-E. We seem to have adopted a clear brand of attractive  football.. played at all levels at the club..with first team  players good enough to embody it.  I also think there is, already emerging, some heart to this team... ie players who want to play for CTFC.  Only time will tell if this all converts to points and success.....

Board footera