BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/7/2023 9:30 PM  #1

Yate Town

Very happy with the performance no matter the score! Thought it could’ve been 5/6 if it wasn’t for their keeper. Spokes, Fasanmade, McClure, Jake Evans, Windsor, Haines, Martinez all looking sharp. Good chance for the academy players such as the Lewis brothers who both looked sharp.

10/7/2023 9:53 PM  #2

Re: Yate Town

Sharp.

10/7/2023 10:00 PM  #3

Wasn’t at the game but any ideas on the identity of the 2 trialists named on the team sheet?

10/7/2023 10:37 PM  #4

Don’t know who the Trialist’s were but liked the defender.

First hale was ok. Created a couple of chances and had all the ball. Second half was light years ahead though and the only criticism was that we missed a lot of easy chances.

I am looking forward to how this all shapes up.

11/7/2023 8:42 AM  #5

A decent workout in both halves I thought.  McClure looked sharp in first half, with Haines dominant at the back.  Second half we continued to play some decent quick passing football and, with more clinical finishing, could have had four or five.  No sign of Henry & Bray, presumably on holiday, and Bradbury not used from the  bench (unless he snuck on very late and I missed it).   Fitness levels looked very good.  As for Richards, who knows? 🤷‍♂️

11/7/2023 9:36 AM  #6

One of the trialists (left centre half) in the first half was Nathaniel Williams, formerly of Bristol City and Weston-super-mare.

11/7/2023 10:54 AM  #7

Talking to a few people at the game who advised that Will Richard’s is currently working in Spain for the foreseeable future, so I guess we will not see him for a while. Thoroughly enjoyed the game last night, and interestingly Horgs played a defensive/possession type team in the first, in which I thought Luke Haines was impressive in the heart of our defence - an excellent signing. In the second half totally different with an all out attack approach which was very pleasing to see, with Craig Fasenmade and Owen Windsor running Yate ragged down the flanks. Those two guys I hope will cause a lot of problems to the opposition this coming season 😉

Board footera