BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/6/2023 12:59 PM  #11

Re: New Signings

96chipp wrote:

We are one of the only, if not the only, club at this level not communicating these kind of things. I think every other club has published a released/retained list by now, with players listed in a “contract negotiations” category if they’re sorting a deal

I agree. It is pretty piss poor.

22/6/2023 4:43 PM  #12

Pretty much consistent comments here about communication or lack of it. 96chipp l made this very same point a while ago so don’t hold your breath for any action any time soon. When l posted a similar comment someone  replied that l should go on the club website for player info. Yeah right on. If you relied  on the club website you would be under the impression no one had left the club. Really bad. 
On the basis we have at least been told who has signed on for the coming season logic would suggest everyone else has either left or the club are still talking to them. Either way with the first friendly just over 2 weeks away we have 10 players signed on. I just don’t understand why information concerning this group of players is not published as with other clubs. If any player is a “free agent” l can’t imagine other clubs are not aware of this so what is the problem not saying who these players are. 
I find it hard to believe you would pick up 5 or 6 decent players via the friendlies and whilst there are some good academy players most are slowly brought through. 
Anyone fancy a game to make up the numbers!!

23/6/2023 3:36 PM  #13

Calm down calm down.
Still plenty of time yet.
We’ll get trialists, late players thinking they can get better deal elsewhere.
I think that most contracts a won’t start till early July anyway.

23/6/2023 5:41 PM  #14

I suspect the reason the club does not say much as far as signings are concerned is to ensure other clubs don't know what position we're in. For all we know we're all sorted already and other clubs may spend money on players they think we need when we don't. 

24/6/2023 8:57 AM  #15

Wellard wrote:

Calm down calm down.
Still plenty of time yet.
We’ll get trialists, late players thinking they can get better deal elsewhere.
I think that most contracts a won’t start till early July anyway.

It’s not a case of us panicking as fans, is a case of us wanting to be informed. We haven’t even acknowledged players leaving who have been announced at other clubs.

24/6/2023 4:08 PM  #16

We have this argument every summer, of who is coming and going. As said before that the one's running the club do it voluntary and have other jobs etc.
At the end of the day we will have a squad as usual to kick off the season, like seasons gone bye.
Let the club get on with it.

28/6/2023 1:16 PM  #17

https://twitter.com/ChipTownFC/status/1674025843406827520

Think we are signing Luke Spokes, centre mid released by Bath.

28/6/2023 3:39 PM  #18

https://youtu.be/fkeX3qsqogE

Not a bad watch at all.

28/6/2023 4:03 PM  #19

According to the CTFC website he has signed for us. Looking at the video footage he appears to be an excellent acquisition.

28/6/2023 4:04 PM  #20

Straight swap for Russe going to Bath?

Board footera