BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/6/2023 11:25 AM  #1

New Signings

Getting my fingers and thumbs out, I add up what has left us, what's not been announced as renewed, I then take that away from last seasons squad and add the new signings.  From my basic maths I see we now have enough for a 7 or 9 aside league.  

I know there is a long way to go but games start in a couple of weeks!! 

21/6/2023 11:58 AM  #2

Re: New Signings

Signed up, I think we have:

Will Henry
Alex Bray
Craig Fasanmade
Caine Bradbury
Tyreke Johnson
Luke Haines
Matt McClure
Will King
Tom Owen-Evans
Jake Evans

1 short of a starting 11 but we do have academy lads.

Last edited by AllThatJazz (21/6/2023 11:59 AM)

21/6/2023 12:31 PM  #3

So can I assume that from the list of lads signed up, that Ed Williams has decided to go elsewhere ? If so in my view that will be a massive loss to the squad. I think all we can hope is that Horgs is talking to potential new players privately,so that no names slip out !

21/6/2023 12:50 PM  #4

So can I assume that from the list of lads signed up, that Ed Williams has decided to go elsewhere ? If so in my view that will be a massive loss to the squad. I think all we can hope is that Horgs is talking to potential new players privately,so that no names slip out !

21/6/2023 1:34 PM  #5

Imagine Williams and Windsor have left as they see themselves playing at a higher level. Would guess we will be looking to retain a couple more though- hopefully Will Richards (probably as captain) and either Eddie Jones or Aaron Simpson. Think that just leaves Sam Heal who never really got into the first team so will probably be leaving and I'm not sure what we'll do with Pablo, maybe see how he does pre season.

In terms of signings I'm sure we'll have a few trialists come the first friendly and last year all our signings were announced throughout July, most on the 1st. Might have a few academy palyers break through as well, Tuodolo maybe.

Last edited by Eden (21/6/2023 1:50 PM)

21/6/2023 4:15 PM  #6

Club communication on players leaving could be much improved - don't think it's been officially announced yet that Russe has gone! (happy to be corrected)

21/6/2023 5:19 PM  #7

Space Raider wrote:

Club communication on players leaving could be much improved - don't think it's been officially announced yet that Russe has gone! (happy to be corrected)

I haven't seen anything but I guess he's a free agent so nothing to do with the club after a certain date.

21/6/2023 6:03 PM  #8

AllThatJazz wrote:

Space Raider wrote:

I haven't seen anything but I guess he's a free agent so nothing to do with the club after a certain date.

Well even a simple official announcement that he's left would be nice. Are we to assume that the others that haven't re-signed jhe gone too?

22/6/2023 8:20 AM  #9

I wouldn’t worry too much about the apparent lack of news on player updates.  I’m pretty sure negotiations are going on with those players we hope to retain, plus any more new arrivals.  A lot of players are away on holiday at this time too, prior to pre-season training starting, and that can hold up progress. 

22/6/2023 12:06 PM  #10

We are one of the only, if not the only, club at this level not communicating these kind of things. I think every other club has published a released/retained list by now, with players listed in a “contract negotiations” category if they’re sorting a deal

Board footera