BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/7/2023 2:07 PM  #81

Re: Retain/Release

We’ll be ok. I have every confidence in Horgs and Matt, Neil and the board  to sort it and get a very competitive side together. We’re not one of the big boys in this league but there’s something about Chippenham that players like.  And once they’ve been here. Many return. There are still a lot of good players looking for clubs. I’m sure a few more will be here very soon. Once the friendlys start. As they say keep the faith. I’m sure there is a lot of wheeler dealer stuff going on behind the scenes. 😎

Last edited by Jono (09/7/2023 2:23 PM)

09/7/2023 4:13 PM  #82

Aaron Simpson has joined Salisbury.

10/7/2023 10:57 AM  #83

As has been said previously. I think a more detailed retained list should have been published.

In terms of retained I think it reads:

Will Henry
Will King
Alex Bray
Caine Bradbury
Craig Fasanmade
Matt McClure

It would be nice to see where we stand in terms of players like Will Richards, Owen Windsor, Eddie Jones, Leighton Tuodolo, Sam Heal, Ed Williams, Landon Golding, Pablo Martinez, . Have they been offered deals, have they left the club?

New signings are:

Luke Haines
Tom Owen-Evans
Jake Evans
Freddie Grant
Luke Spokes
Tyreke Johnson

That's 12 players I count and realistically not even 1 recognised defender? Maybe Haines/Bray/King who have all played there previously.

It's still early doors in terms of the season, we play our first pre-season game tonight which I imagine will have trialists playing so we'll see what happens.

10/7/2023 11:52 AM  #84

Many thanks indeed for spending the the time to compile this information Blackpool Bluebird. It is very helpful and tells us all at a glance who we have/possibly have in the ranks. It’s a shame the club could not have provided the same information which would demonstrate professionalism. Really disappointed at the late of information coming from the club considering the level we play at now. Thought s anyone ?

10/7/2023 2:43 PM  #85

I share everyone's frustrations.  However, compared to our closest  rivals (geogphically), Bath & Weston-S-M  who  appear to have retained the bulk of their  last season's squads  and for whom "Retained" lists can easily be published, we by contrast are in the midst pf a pretty substantial shake-up of personnel.... and that shake-up is clearly still in progress.  As a private limited company CTFC are obviously not obliged to lay bare any information as regards personnel.  Given the fact that Neil, (who is I assume by far the biggest shareholder in CTFC plc), is normally a highly visible, approachable and communicative Chairman, then it is unlikely that this lack of hard news about playing staff is due to a careless disregard of fans   I would imagine that the retention of some players depends on the successful acquisition of others which may still be a very live issue.  Given the highly sensitive nature of these commercial decisions then we must obviosuly respect Neil and the Board's decision not to share such information until the ink on the final signatures has dried.  Presumably triallists in the friendlies are just the missing jigsaw pieces that Gary and Matt are looking at.  Their recruitment could presumably knock someone else out of the reckoning... hence the continuing fluidity. As said before, my personal area of concern is  Central Defenders... pretty much the bedrock of the team...and which  appear to be thin on the ground.  I'd be desperately sad if Will Richards has gone.  In his pomp, probably one othe best 2or 3 CBs in the League.

10/7/2023 4:43 PM  #86

Communication is the thing that concerns most people on here. Announcements have been made re players who have signed but absolutely nothing on the players who have left. Hardly a secret when an announcement is made on another club's website regarding signing a player who has left us. I find it very annoying when you find out who has left from other club's websites. Also it would have been nice to have had some sort of acknowledge thanking the players who have left.
Maybe the game at Yate tonight may throw some light on the players such as Will Richards etc where we have no idea if they are still here or left.If those players don't appear tonight can we assumed they have left.Would be nice to know.

10/7/2023 4:50 PM  #87

Some might even be on holiday - disgraceful behaviour.

10/7/2023 8:35 PM  #88

Windsor, Jones, Martinez all involved second half.

11/7/2023 9:39 AM  #89

I think Henry and Bray had coaching commitments, not sure on Richards but I know he's asking for less playing time so to speak.

11/7/2023 10:04 AM  #90

There was one giant doing some running on their own before last nights game. In full kit but didn’t play or warm up during the game.  Any ideas?

Board footera