BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/5/2023 7:32 PM  #41

Re: Retain/Release

One minute we can discuss it then we can't, which is it .

01/6/2023 10:31 AM  #42

What do we think then? A few more ins and outs this week?

01/6/2023 3:06 PM  #43

There's bound to be more ins and outs but whether they're this week or not remains to be seen. Craig Fasanmade has signed on for another season though so that's another one confirmed. https://chippenhamtown.com/fas-extends-his-stay/

01/6/2023 4:29 PM  #44

Delighted to see both Craig Fas. and Alex Bray secured for next season.  Alex's versatility was a huge bonus when wing-back positions were problematic because of injury. He also showed he can tie up defenders and score goals, too.  His quick feet drew several penalties or should-have-been  penalties, as well.
Fas is a player with Chippenham DNA in his genes.  Incredibly hard working... prepared to track back to play as extra defender when needed and equally happy rushing forward to harry defences.  Just hope they both have  less injury affected seasons......

02/6/2023 2:14 PM  #45

Tom Mehew has joined Havant- didn't see that one coming. Sounds like full-time training was a big factor for him. Tough player to lose but Luke Haines should be a very reasonable replacement.

Last edited by Eden (02/6/2023 2:28 PM)

02/6/2023 3:22 PM  #46

Tom was under contract so I’m not too sure what’s gone on here. Has he been sold?  Seems a strange announcement from both clubs.

02/6/2023 3:47 PM  #47

I believe Tom was out of contract.

Full time/professional football and a big pay rise I would imagine.

02/6/2023 4:46 PM  #48

I guess they are hoping to get the Tom from 2nd half of season who was excellent and not the one from before who couldn’t pass 5 yards 😉

Last edited by Wellard (02/6/2023 7:34 PM)

02/6/2023 5:29 PM  #49

... maybe he wasn't out of contract ...

02/6/2023 5:50 PM  #50

Tom's a loss. Another player who improved markedly during his time here.  Great at turning his man and finding space and then wasting brilliant set-ups with wayward, under/over hit passes.  Agree with Wellard.. by the end of the season, his final ball had improved immeasurably.  We'll miss the space he created.  Deceptively quick, too. Which Tom will Havant get? Hopefully, the much improved one... apart from the 2 poor games he'll have against us next season, of course.

Board footera