BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/4/2023 5:15 PM  #11

Re: Retain/Release

Can't believe Spencer has been mentioned as someone we could release. Perhaps not consistently been on his A game this season, but has been a great captain for me and don't forget mostly filled in at right back which isn't his natural position. I would be very happy if its him and Will in the centre of defence next season.

Would love most of the squad to stay but there's always likely to be departures. Main area of improvement I'd say is for someone to nail down that left back spot.

16/4/2023 6:57 PM  #12

Santos and Simpson probably the popular candidates to move on and I wouldn’t argue with that.  Hamilton & Jones divide opinion it seems but I’d keep them both.  Hamilton has played out of position for large parts of the season and Jones, whilst having the odd off day (who doesn’t?) has good experience which over the course of a season if highly valuable.  
Williams is a class above in my humble, with the best will in the world I can’t see us holding on to him, and Russe will be high on a few clubs transfer targets.  It will be interesting to see who we can persuade to stay and who we can get in through the door to give us the best chance or thriving, or surviving, in a league that will likely have even more big hitters than ever.  Money talks folks.  Simple as. 

16/4/2023 8:09 PM  #13

Strange no one has mentioned Fasenmade. He would definitely be on my retained list.

16/4/2023 8:33 PM  #14

Joiner wrote:

Strange no one has mentioned Fasenmade. He would definitely be on my retained list.

Yep, always a danger naming them I missed about three out 🤣

16/4/2023 8:39 PM  #15

Which players Chippenham decide they want/don’t want has nothing to do with you lot! A forum is no place to be discussing someone’s future and would not be tolerated anywhere else. Imagine Joe Bloggs (who works for the council) having his performance being discussed on here? IMO this is the worst aspect of social media.
If you think you are better at selecting a team at this level, I would suggest you are in the wrong job!

16/4/2023 8:53 PM  #16

blackandamber1 wrote:

Which players Chippenham decide they want/don’t want has nothing to do with you lot! A forum is no place to be discussing someone’s future and would not be tolerated anywhere else. Imagine Joe Bloggs (who works for the council) having his performance being discussed on here? IMO this is the worst aspect of social media.
If you think you are better at selecting a team at this level, I would suggest you are in the wrong job!

You discussed the managers future not so long ago. What’s the difference? 

Would you comment on Joe Bloggs performance on his Friday shift at the council?  No. Yet we do it on football.

It’s a forum for a football team.  Get a grip.

16/4/2023 9:16 PM  #17

blackandamber1 wrote:

It's a fans forum, it's all opinion, it's a debate.

16/4/2023 10:06 PM  #18

blackandamber1 wrote:

Get a grip Fella.

17/4/2023 10:23 AM  #19

While disagreeing with Black and Amber, he's probably right to remind us that these are people's lives and livelihoods we are speculating about. One crucial difference about any sort of speculation about the futures of, say EFL/ Premier League players and us, is that we are physically much closer to the players and Management and Chairman than we would ever be at a League club.  This is a huge attraction of Non League football and its local, personal values. It means you can chat to players and Management after a game.  In our part of the Stand we're frequently sitting close by injured first team players and their families, which would rightly give anyone pause  about the way we  expressed any dissatisfaction. It's just natural good manners. All that said, though, as a Fans' Forum we have every right to play the armchair manager game of Retention and Recruitment.  It's a time-honoured  end-of-season ritual.  For me, a good rule of thumb is to try never to say anything in print about a player I wouldn't say to their face at the Bar, where I might well encounter them. Here goes: Retain: the vast majority of the squad... including the Academy players bumped up recently.
Alefe and Spencer, for me, might fail to make the cut... the former, because too often his decision making doesn't suit our style of play, which is quick and decisive; the latter because he is often found out for pace and sometimes, technique.  That said, I'm sure SH is an influential character behind the scenes and if Gary H values him, that's good enough for me.  Recuitment:  will depend on who leaves , but obviously we need to tie up the CB positions.  I had a notion that Will Richards was heading back to Oz next year.  I hope I'm wrong.. but if we did have 2 vacancies to fill then hopefully Pablo (regularly sitting close by us in the Stand with family) could take one and AN Other the other. As for losing players to other clubs; yes, money does talk... but as Simon reminded us recently when MM joined us, players move for more reasons than just money. CTFC, with a Chairman like Neil and manager like Gary can be attractions that comfortably offset the lure of a few more pounds in the Bank account. MM travels from near Hemel Hempstead for heavens sake...! Having said that, Luke R going to Bath would leave an unpleasant taste if it happened.. understandable or not. We can't be having two Sol Campbells in 2 years can we?

Last edited by Rambler (17/4/2023 10:25 AM)

17/4/2023 5:21 PM  #20

blackandamber1 wrote:

Omg, this is the biggest load of #@#@## on here ever,a football forum discussing all season how the team plays,who we've signed, or like to sign, how they played good or bad.
Now according to you,we are living in North Korea.

Board footera