BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/4/2023 9:37 PM  #1

Retain/Release

This came up on a separate thread but I think it deserves its own. Who would you keep (not who do you think we will keep)?

I’d keep everyone apart from Hamilton, Santos and Simpson.  Torn on Eddie Jones. Has been a mix of brilliant and dreadful, sometimes in one game!!

16/4/2023 10:11 AM  #2

Re: Retain/Release

Think Hamilton should be kept. Club captain good leader and one of the more experienced players in the team.

I think we should be looking to bring in a new full back however if we can retain everyone in our current squad I’m not sure we need much else.

Also agree with the other players on Funny old game’s release list.

16/4/2023 12:39 PM  #3

Need to keep the core of the squad.
Henry, Richards, Russe, Mehew, Hanks, Windsor, Bray, King and Parker.
Obviously McClure but understand we on a 2 year deal anyway.

Jone too slow for my liking.
Hamilton been poor.
Santos been very poor.
Simpson always injured.
Will need to find a replacement for Tizzard/Tomlinson assuming they don’t sign for us and that Pablo doesn’t play.

Just need to keep Bath away from our best players as Gill will come sniffing no doubt, promising the world.

16/4/2023 2:39 PM  #4

That is a good shout Wellard, and more or less on my way of thinking as well. I hope we can tempt Ed Williams to stay for next season, as that guy is brilliant in my view. Definitely agree with your list to be released. I understand from his Father that Will Tizzard is bound for Barnsley, which is a hell of a step up for the lad.Tomlinson is out of contract at Torquay at the end of this season, so depending on where he is based could determine where he goes - hopefully us ! Pablo I have no idea on his health situation, but would have him in the team any time. We have the makings of a strong squad for next season, and with 2 or 3 quality additions, I can see us doing well.

16/4/2023 3:01 PM  #5

Think I forgot Ed Williams, be good if we can get him to stay.
Noticed Jerry Gill in his recent interview stated he was already talking to a couple of players currently playing in the Conference South. Hopefully from Weymouth and Hungerford.

Anyone we fancy from both those clubs?

16/4/2023 3:06 PM  #6

Noticed Jerry Gill in his recent interview stated he was already talking to a couple of players currently playing in the Conference South. Hopefully from Weymouth and Hungerford.

Doesn’t that constitute an illegal approach, unless he has given the necessary notice to the respective clubs. 

16/4/2023 3:35 PM  #7

Agree with much of what has been said, but no one has mentioned Cain Bradbury a definite keep for me.

16/4/2023 4:08 PM  #8

I said it on another thread but I think Russe will choose to move on like Kieran did.  I’m not sure (from what I hear) Bath can Chuck money around next season so they maybe try and pinch Russe.

I think everyone else is on contract - Mehew, Bradbury etc that has been discussed so we hold no concerns in losing them unless we get some money in.

I use the flashscores app - it breaks down the league into sections on no of games/form - and our form in the last 25 games sees us 4th in the form table. We only need a couple of adjustments and that can easily last a season.

We are a better option to a good player than Bath City and their positioned environment can be. They aren’t the flashy merchants they once were.

16/4/2023 4:11 PM  #9

blinding wrote:

Agree with much of what has been said, but no one has mentioned Cain Bradbury a definite keep for me.

100% as well as Will King and Leighton Tuodolo great academy graduates

16/4/2023 4:12 PM  #10

Funny old game wrote:

I said it on another thread but I think Russe will choose to move on like Kieran did.  I’m not sure (from what I hear) Bath can Chuck money around next season so they maybe try and pinch Russe.

I think everyone else is on contract - Mehew, Bradbury etc that has been discussed so we hold no concerns in losing them unless we get some money in.

I use the flashscores app - it breaks down the league into sections on no of games/form - and our form in the last 25 games sees us 4th in the form table. We only need a couple of adjustments and that can easily last a season.

We are a better option to a good player than Bath City and their positioned environment can be. They aren’t the flashy merchants they once were.

I don’t think Russe would choose to go to Bath maybe instead Weston if they come up which is his home. However I would hope he stays as his passion for the club is excellent and he has definitely progressed into a top player this season.

Board footera