BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/4/2023 5:45 PM  #11

Re: Havant got a clue vill

BlueBird5 wrote:

Clear and obvious CHEATING from the referee. Clearly paid off by H&W.

”CHEATING from the referee”? Really? Evidence, please.

15/4/2023 6:07 PM  #12

Yorkie wrote:

BlueBird5 wrote:

”CHEATING from the referee”? Really? Evidence, please.

Refusal to stop the game for head injuries for our players.
Didn’t give a penalty after Alex Bray was brought down by the goalkeeper quite clearly - should’ve been a red card too.
Consistently giving 50/50 decision to the opposition.
Adding on 6 minute of injury time (?) when there had been 4 subs and 2 stoppages… maximum 4 minutes.
Yellow card to Joe Parker for a foul which was made 10 times by there players but wasn’t given once.

One of the worst refereeing performances I think I have ever seen, and I hope other people that attended can back me up here.

Last edited by BlueBird5 (15/4/2023 6:08 PM)

15/4/2023 7:11 PM  #13

BlueBird5 wrote:

Comradely word of warning Bluebird5...You've got to be a bit careful about this sort statement ( above) on a public forum.. however hacked off you are...as your comments are blatantly libellous and thus potentially actionable. It is vanishingly unlikely that the referee in question would bother... but you could potentially be threatened with  court at the bat of an eyelid, especlally  with the assertion of bribery.  H&W wouldn't take too kindly to that comment I would think.
Nothing wrong in saying the ref was poor, incompetent etc.. that's a matter of opinion.  Accusations of cheating and corruption are defamatory.... and in this case, wildly unlikely,too!!

15/4/2023 8:53 PM  #14

A truly shocking decision by the ref not to give a pen, even their keeper couldn’t believe it. Missed chances and poor game management cost us also. Why we didn’t kick the ball out of play with 2 players injured I don’t know. They then scored. Gutting. Before the game I would have settled for a point but against a full time team we were fitter and more organised it’s 2 points dropped . A big well done to our young keeper who pulled off some top saves and looked confident.

15/4/2023 8:56 PM  #15

Firstly fantastic performance today from the team! What a transformation from the team we saw earlier in the season! Yes clearly they should have won! Maybe they squandered a few chances and the Havant keeper made two brilliant saves. I believe he is on loan from Chelsea?
Talking of keepers, the lad in goal for Chippenham was sensational! The two saves from free kicks were were absolute worldies.  If you watch the footage I guarantee you will agree!
The penalty (that wasn’t)…It was so clear cut it was untrue. Everyone who saw it was it complete shock! You could see it written in their faces.  Why would the player decide to go down when it was a simple tap in? I’m mystified!
I’m going away to Dulwich in two weeks! Can’t wait!
Mid table and beating Lincoln!  Not a bad season all told!

Last edited by blackandamber1 (16/4/2023 7:23 AM)

15/4/2023 9:34 PM  #16

Rambler wrote:

BlueBird5 wrote:

Comradely word of warning Bluebird5...You've got to be a bit careful about this sort statement ( above) on a public forum.. however hacked off you are...as your comments are blatantly libellous and thus potentially actionable. It is vanishingly unlikely that the referee in question would bother... but you could potentially be threatened with  court at the bat of an eyelid, especlally  with the assertion of bribery.  H&W wouldn't take too kindly to that comment I would think.
Nothing wrong in saying the ref was poor, incompetent etc.. that's a matter of opinion.  Accusations of cheating and corruption are defamatory.... and in this case, wildly unlikely,too!!

BlueBird5 up in court!!

Couldn’t agree more though on the review of the ref. A shambles. Disgrace. Take your pick on words.

Well done to James Walker. Another academy player having a positive impact, I hope we get to see a couple more of them in the final two games.

When I look at the teams local to us and the age of their squads, we are in a fantastic position in terms of the type of players we have. Will be interesting to see who we bring in over the summer.

16/4/2023 2:55 PM  #17

Rambler wrote:

BlueBird5 wrote:

Very well put, Rambler.  👍

16/4/2023 3:35 PM  #18

At least the refs performance was greeted civilly by Horgs. I see the Cheshunt manager was upset by the ref at the game with Ebbsfleet and he floored the home manager at the end of the game.

Last edited by Charlie Bird (16/4/2023 3:35 PM)

18/4/2023 9:23 AM  #19

I was there Saturday and I was absolutely incensed when a penalty wasn’t given! Having seen the footage I would like to retract any criticism of the referee. This was a brilliant piece of refereeing and without the aid of VAR!

Board footera