BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/4/2023 10:38 AM  #11

Re: Season Ticket Prices - 2023/24

Wellard wrote:

Joiner wrote:

And for those with short memories as l have said that thread started after the Concord game and the sentiments at that time were quite reasonable given that we had failed again to beat a team below in the league and hadn’t won for 8 games.
Various postings were critical of team selection, the defensive approach taken and something had to change.  Perhaps instead of concentrating on what has happened in the last 15 games think about the previous 26 league games which apart from one or two games were rubbish and painful to watch. First 26 league games 6 wins last 15, 7 wins. Down to change in tactics and team selection. Does anyone here honestly belief if things hadn’t changed the management team would still be here. I’m pleased things have worked out the way they have but some of the smug comments which appeared particularly in that deleted thread were uncalled for. 

Totally agree Joiner, lots of smug comments when people get the score or crowd correct or have predicted our now lofty league position but those same people called for Horgan to go….didn’t you Reg ;-)
Remember we were awful for the early part of the season and very few players were consistent and potential contenders for player of the season. Mehew couldn’t pass for toffee, and wasn’t getting in the side, for one example. Loans were poor.
Our turn in results is not down to things just clicking and the players understanding the way Gary wants to play, as some would suggest..
Personal, signing McClure, Windsor and then getting Bray and Fasenmade back from injury and playing regularly has lifted the team and given us a more attacking threat.
And not forgetting Parker, who was left out in the wilderness until Weymouth away and now a regular starter and scorer.
I’d love to see the stats but I bet we’ve also conceded more during this time.
The FA Cup money was spent well.

An interesting close season, Mr Gill seen at games and also John Reliah (ex Bath manger) regularly attending.
Gill in a recent interview stated they had no physicality in their midfield, lack desire and are too weak. Looking at Russe? or Williams maybe? I hope we can Keep both.
As laughable they’ve given him another year on a full time contract. What’s he achieved to justify full time?

Very much agree - mid season recruitment has been good and made a big difference.

If I understand the rules correctly, Russe is at an age now where we can’t just automatically reengage him and therefore he’s out on the open market - I think he will go.

With Weston on his door step and likely going up to join us, plus the money they spend, he could go there. Bath City would naturally have him but I’m unsure if he’d be wise to go there given the spiteful environment and the fact I think we’re a better team now than they are.

Yeovil Town will also be a fly in the ointment locally with new ownership.

As with Tindle, Parselle and others, there is life after these stalwarts and if the last year has shown, our recruitment has been pretty good with Tomlinson, Windsor, McClure, Fas etc.

I think an interesting summer is ahead.

20/4/2023 12:42 PM  #12

Must say I'm very disappointed with this. Bath are offering (on £16 matchday price) season ticket for 23 games at £256, saving £112 and effectively getting 7 games free.
We are offering (on $15 matchday price) season ticket for 23 games at £280, saving 65 or 4.3 games free.

Why are we more expensive season ticket but cheaper matchday price. Makes no sense

20/4/2023 4:21 PM  #13

We do seem to be a bit behind most teams in the league on the ticket front - no promotions, not much saving with a season ticket and little take up in advance online tickets if we even do them anymore!

20/4/2023 8:24 PM  #14

Ticket Prices vary massively.
Chippenham £14 and under 16s free. No parking charge.

Farnborough £12 and under 16s free, £2 parking.

Weymouth £15, under 16 £4 ,£2 parking.

But we are one of a few clubs who don’t offer a discount if you buy in advance. We need to do this to help the turnstile queues.

Board footera