BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/3/2023 10:23 AM  #1

Welling

Does anyone know if there is a pitch inspection due to the persistent rain?

28/3/2023 11:07 AM  #2

Re: Welling

Had to check the calendar - thought it was April 1st 😁

28/3/2023 11:48 AM  #3

Insideleft wrote:

Had to check the calendar - thought it was April 1st 😁

In Horgs’ radio interview he said we are having pitch problems, assume he was referring to all the sand on the pitch and possible drainage issues.

28/3/2023 11:53 AM  #4

Nothing Tony and his magic fork can’t cope with.

28/3/2023 2:09 PM  #5

The problems with the playing surface are horribly obvious, despite Tony's heroics.  Cold, wet  soil meaning no/minimal grass growth,  lots of sand and a pitch cut up by successive games means the surface is anything but true.  The ball bobbled horribly against Eastbourne  and you could see players struggling with it. Really militated against sharp passing football. The highlights make this very obvious too.  Speaking of which... the video evidence  suggests that Karma seemed to play itself out in that game.  Re: The Disallowed Goal... their keeper simply seemed to reach out and then drop it while the Allowed Goal looked  a bit marginal. Poor Eddie Jones, as well ......if looks and gestures from team-mates could kill he'd be dead twice over.  Wisely he kept his eyes firmly on the playing surface.
Once again I'd be happy with 3 points from the 2 games this week to take us to the nearly magical 50 points. Crowd..598

Last edited by Rambler (28/3/2023 2:12 PM)

28/3/2023 2:16 PM  #6

Home win 2 nil, 612 crowd. 

28/3/2023 3:00 PM  #7

1-1, 550

28/3/2023 4:17 PM  #8

Charlie Bird wrote:

Pitch is absolutely beautiful. I’m here now and it’s beyond playable, aside from the goalmouth taking a slight battering, Tony has done a wonderful job! See you all tonight!

28/3/2023 4:44 PM  #9

TheVoice wrote:

Charlie Bird wrote:

Pitch is absolutely beautiful. I’m here now and it’s beyond playable, aside from the goalmouth taking a slight battering, Tony has done a wonderful job! See you all tonight!

In that case I'll go 2-2

28/3/2023 4:57 PM  #10

Home 2-1 win. McClure scoring 2

Board footera