BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/3/2023 4:45 PM  #1

Eastbourne Borough (H)

I would assume a potential possibility of the game being postponed tomorrow - plenty of heavy rain and with 3 home games to follow after. Hopefully the game goes ahead and if it does I will predict a 3-2 win.

24/3/2023 6:24 PM  #2

Re: Eastbourne Borough (H)

Think it could be ok, worst of the rain gone over now.
Let's keep the run going.

24/3/2023 9:10 PM  #3

Yes, hopefully the game goes ahead. If so, how about a 2-2 draw, attendance 537.

24/3/2023 10:11 PM  #4

Home win , why would anyone think otherwise, form team,home game,home crowd. 3-1 in front of 625, Non League Day..

24/3/2023 10:30 PM  #5

1-1. 750 gate

25/3/2023 12:37 PM  #6

2-1 win, 625 on the gate

25/3/2023 6:07 PM  #7

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

1-1. 750 gate

I was a little ambitious on the gate, it was 681 in the end. 1-1, happy with that.

25/3/2023 6:33 PM  #8

Strange game. Long periods of relative silence as Eastbourne cancelled us out. In the first half we dominated, looking bright and busy with some clear chances.  Had to work a lot harder into the wind and up the slope... and lost our rhythm as passes went astray or the ball didn't fall for us.  Their penalty was obvious and a pretty unnecessary lunge.  Coudn't be clear about our disallowed goal; looked OK to me... and obviously to Will R, too..  Rather summed up the afternoon .  Eastbourne were busy and organised but offered little real threat going forward (especially when compared to Weymouth).  We stuck to our guns, passing-wise, but there were a lot of "nearly" passes and little moments that didn't run for us. No argument with Luke as MOTM. He got us going again and again after dead patches, always leading by example.  Excellent gate.  Another point scratched out, with results generally going our way ( although it would have been good if Cheshunt & Weymouth had drawn). Welling will be buoyed by their win ... so Tuesday will be interesting

25/3/2023 7:22 PM  #9

Thought a draw was just about right, Eastbourne didn’t give much away and we didn’t really work their keeper.  Didn’t see much wrong with our disallowed goal but such is life.  They obviously disputed our goal but the linesman was in the perfect position and he didn’t hesitate to indicate the ball had crossed the line, backed up by spectators who were right behind him.  
Had some ‘banter’ with their funny little manager (who would have looked more at home selling dodgy watches out of a suitcase in Peckham market) after the final whistle who obviously had a perfect view from his position 60 yards away, an “embarrassing decision” apparently.  He also thought we must have neck ache watching us.  We played a few long balls here and there of course but we do try to play football too, so I had to laugh at him about that one.  
Luke Russe the outstanding player, no question.

25/3/2023 7:58 PM  #10

I thought we were by far the better side in the first half and the penalty (no question) was against the run of play. We took a while to get back into it in the second half, but did enough to justify the equalizer although maybe left it a bit late to have any chance to snatch all 3 points. And yes MOTM Russe for sure.- Ed Williams was a little bit disappointing today after Tuesday's performance, but appeared to have been asked to play a deeper midfield role.

Board footera