BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/3/2023 5:30 PM  #21

Re: Dover game

Joiner wrote:

Reading some of the postings on this thread you would think we have been playing like we did on Saturday all season. Can’t comment about the Weymouth game as l wasn’t there but against Dover the whole basis of play had changed. Tactics, team selection (maybe those who seemed to think we would be ok without needing to change anything should ask themselves why Parker has been sat on the bench most of the season) seemed more positive. Exactly what a lot of comments on here have been saying. Not moaning just stating the obvious on what you see on the pitch. No doubt some up and coming games may require a cautious approach but particularly for home games an attacking game is a must.
Perhaps Willard’s description of the manager’s supporters was not the best nonetheless everything else he said was spot on. We may have a couple of games in hand over some of the teams above us but those points have to be won and recent results show the teams down the bottom aren’t giving up. We are where we are because that’s where we deserve to be.
On a different subject. Whilst the match previews are a welcome addition why does half the content include the details of the last match which would already have read in the match report? Whilst the match preview has improved communications there is still room for improvement For example no mention in the preview of Sam Heal who we supposedly signed last week.Injuried,left or simply unavailable? Would nice to know given our current squad availability. Even if not mentioned in the preview for whatever reason why not make some statement after the match? And who was Pele kouisseeoue????? Was there something on the PA that l missed

Heal left out.
PK academy player

13/3/2023 5:45 PM  #22

Rambler wrote:

Wellard wrote:

Let’s not get carried away, great to get a home win but we are far from spectacular and still very much in the mix.
Before the Horgan bum kissers get carried away.
A lovely guy but he’s here to get results just like anyone else.
Let’s not forget we are down the bottom for a reason, apart from Parsons and Tizzard the loan signings have been poor and the tactics, starting 11 and subs have been questionable at times.
Just take Joe Parker been a breath of fresh air, so why is he not starting more often? Especially when Santos is playing poorly.
Let’s see what quality he can bring in to cover the injuries and suspensions.

If he keeps us up I guess he deserves another season but the squad (should any wish to stay) definitely needs refreshing.

A whiff of the playground here , Wellard. By referring to  those who are supportive of Gary H as "bum kissers" you reduce and undermine you own perfectly reasonable and interesting points to the level of a Year 7 break-time slanging match behind the bike sheds. Stilll... a long way off the furious-man-in the pub, AJG, and his shouty capital letters!

In your opinion Rambler and that’s what a forum is all about. Better than calling someone a plonker ..maybe.
Point still remains, supportive is great but being so blinkered by the ‘he’s a nice guy’ people fail to see or acknowledge the failings.
You’re not a true supporter I hear. Will always support but is it wrong to want to see or hope for improvements.
And only repeating what I hear on the Terraces and some of those well connected within the club.

Last edited by Wellard (13/3/2023 5:58 PM)

13/3/2023 5:55 PM  #23

BlueBird5 thank you for clearing that up. Surprised Heal was left out though as Hanks obviously not fit and Simpson been out injured for a while. I believe Heal is a left back so why sign him and play Bray there,out of position, as good as he was there  instead?

13/3/2023 6:13 PM  #24

Blimey Wellard. Your bar for being a "true supporter" seems set rather high.  I've been a season ticket holder fo 4 years and haven't missed a Home game since August..But hey! .. I'll keep working at it!
I think it's important to separate out "Agreement" from "Support". I support Gary Horgan whole-heartedly because he is my Club's Manager  but I often don't agree  with some of his selections and sometimes his tactics. .. although none of us are privy to the constraints imposed on him as regards selection.. My earlier point to you was just about "tone" rather than substance

13/3/2023 6:38 PM  #25

Rambler wrote:

Blimey Wellard. Your bar for being a "true supporter" seems set rather high.  I've been a season ticket holder fo 4 years and haven't missed a Home game since August..But hey! .. I'll keep working at it!
I think it's important to separate out "Agreement" from "Support". I support Gary Horgan whole-heartedly because he is my Club's Manager  but I often don't agree  with some of his selections and sometimes his tactics. .. although none of us are privy to the constraints imposed on him as regards selection.. My earlier point to you was just about "tone" rather than substance

Miss understood comment Rambler. True supporter comment not aimed at you but more what I often read on here if we don’t back manager/players to the ends of the earth.

Anyway onto Taunton on Tuesday under the lights. Been looking forward to this one with Lots of ex Chippenham players in their squad.

Last edited by Wellard (13/3/2023 6:46 PM)

13/3/2023 11:10 PM  #26

Guys we have a player from our academy called Pele. What more could you ask for from a football club.

Reference the Joe Parker debate/selection. He’s come back in and done really well but does anyone remember how bad he was before he was dropped? 

I don’t think he is a GH type player, even though GH signed him.  However he has improved. Maybe that’s coaching, maybe that’s him trying to prove a point. Could be great management or could be luck.

Board footera