BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/2/2023 11:14 PM  #11

Re: Worthing.

5 draws in a row, 10 points dropped.
All signs showing its going to the Last day away to dulwich.

28/2/2023 11:36 PM  #12

A thoroughly woeful, dreadful performance by us this evening in my opinion, and demonstrates why we are where we are in the table. As soon as Daubry got send off, we had no idea what to do against 10 men, and continued for the rest of the game with this tippy tappy style of football which gets us nowhere. I do not know where we go from here quite frankly after this performance. Keeping your so called ‘star striker’ on the bench until the last 10 minutes certainly did not help the cause.

28/2/2023 11:42 PM  #13

Pretty sure they’d have beaten us with 11 men.  No one seems prepared to take a risk and play the ball forwards, we seem to be always looking for the perfect pass.  Is that how they’re coached? How many times was the ball passed sideways or back - safe passes, and very dull to watch.  Might look good in the stats the clipboard guys like, but it looks like glorified academy football, goes nowhere.  Their keeper made one save first half?  That was about it. Results elsewhere went our way tonight but now Saturday is a ‘must win’, there’s no doubt about that.  

01/3/2023 12:05 AM  #14

Very passive tonight but we've got more than enough and plenty of games to stay up. We'll be fine.

01/3/2023 3:38 PM  #15

Wouldn’t say we woeful more ineffective and toothless. Build up is too slow allowing opponents to pack defence and as already mentioned we seem to be incapable of breaking down a packed defence. Tactics all season seem to have been geared to defence play ( maybe because the management were both defenders ) borne out by the goals for column. As supporters all we can do is comment on what we see on the pitch and as such like last night you wonder why Joe Hanks and Matt McClure were both on the bench. Both carrying knocks or just tactics which didn’t work?. If both carrying knocks bit worrying if they can’t manage 90 minutes at this point in the season. Hopefully McClure doesn’t join the long list of previous signings who seem to spend more time off the pitch than on it after signing for us. As a number of postings have said we have a proven goal scorer but he needs the service to do his job which so far he hasn’t been getting. Leading goal scorer in National league last season and scored 14 goals for Gloucester this season. Record here 1goal which was a penalty. Says it all really. And Joe Parker he must have a lot of patience given the amount of game time he has had. Give him a run out and see how he gets on. Can’t be any worse than what we are seeing at the moment.
As a number of others have said something has to change and quickly if relegation is to be avoided. 

01/3/2023 5:36 PM  #16

Joiner wrote:

you wonder why Joe Hanks and Matt McClure were both on the bench. Both carrying knocks or just tactics which didn’t work?

I'm wondering how McClure is worth the supposed fortune we're paying him given he only seems to be playing twenty minutes off the bench and still hasn't scored in open play yet

01/3/2023 6:42 PM  #17

Space Raider wrote:

Joiner wrote:

you wonder why Joe Hanks and Matt McClure were both on the bench. Both carrying knocks or just tactics which didn’t work?

I'm wondering how McClure is worth the supposed fortune we're paying him given he only seems to be playing twenty minutes off the bench and still hasn't scored in open play yet

Think he picked up an ankle injury at Gloucester so we are obviously nursing him. We need to get used to how he plays, shame Ricky Agiar isn’t here to thread the ball through or a speedy out and out winger to provide the ammunition.

01/3/2023 6:57 PM  #18

Charlie Bird wrote:

Space Raider wrote:

Joiner wrote:

Think he picked up an ankle injury at Gloucester so we are obviously nursing him. We need to get used to how he plays, shame Ricky Agiar isn’t here to thread the ball through or a speedy out and out winger to provide the ammunition.

Will, that's like saying it's a shame Andy Sandell is not here. I'm sure McClure will come good, at the moment others need to stand up.

01/3/2023 9:25 PM  #19

Having had a day to reflect, I would have to say at least we didn’t lose!
The thing that grated me most is how woeful we were at corners. Why they kept playing short corners is beyond me! Playing short corners isn’t working. Get the ball in the box!

01/3/2023 10:48 PM  #20

Does anyone know what the attendance was, or where to find it?

Board footera