BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/2/2023 7:29 PM  #1

Callum Gunner leaves

See on Twitter that Callum Gunner has announced he’s leaving. Would explain his absence last night.

Great servant, the definition of hard work and running through brick walls which more than made up for his lack of quality at times.

Sadly all good things come to an end and if I’m honest, he looks a shadow of his younger self this season so the next step in this teams progression.

Good luck and thank you Callum

15/2/2023 8:15 PM  #2

Re: Callum Gunner leaves

His up and at em style will suit Hungerford, always been a fringe player with us really, Hungerford making signings of late but all to late to save them I feel.

15/2/2023 9:02 PM  #3

Really sorry to hear that Callum is leaving - definitely one we should have been keeping in my opinion.

15/2/2023 9:46 PM  #4

Can I first say that the boys were magnificent last night and showed what a great team spirit and quality they have. I love reading all the comments on here and love the fact that we all have an opinion and don’t always agree but can have a beer and enjoy discussing the game and sharing our passion. With regards to Callum, I know how fond he is of his home-town club and has thoroughly enjoyed the years he’s been here. I say this as his dad . The last few months have been tough for him . Recently It’s true he’s not found the form and consistency of previous seasons and he will be the first to admit that and maybe he needs a new challenge . What I will say as his dad is that I’m proud of him and think the club have been amazing to him . Neil , John and the board have shown so much love to him and have been nothing short of incredible, so thank you for that . Simon lawrence and everyone who helps out, make the club what it is . I’m sad to be leaving but I will be back to support the boys when I can . So without boring you all, I will say this as it will be my last post . Gary Horgan is an absolute scholar and a gentleman and has been a good friend and mentor to my son and I thank him for that .pride and passion 💪⚽️. 

15/2/2023 10:22 PM  #5

Barmar wrote:

Can I first say that the boys were magnificent last night and showed what a great team spirit and quality they have. I love reading all the comments on here and love the fact that we all have an opinion and don’t always agree but can have a beer and enjoy discussing the game and sharing our passion. With regards to Callum, I know how fond he is of his home-town club and has thoroughly enjoyed the years he’s been here. I say this as his dad . The last few months have been tough for him . Recently It’s true he’s not found the form and consistency of previous seasons and he will be the first to admit that and maybe he needs a new challenge . What I will say as his dad is that I’m proud of him and think the club have been amazing to him . Neil , John and the board have shown so much love to him and have been nothing short of incredible, so thank you for that . Simon lawrence and everyone who helps out, make the club what it is . I’m sad to be leaving but I will be back to support the boys when I can . So without boring you all, I will say this as it will be my last post . Gary Horgan is an absolute scholar and a gentleman and has been a good friend and mentor to my son and I thank him for that .pride and passion 💪⚽️. 

Sad to see him go, he always gave 100% in the middle which is all you want from players.

Lovely words Gunner Sr and we all wish him well down the A4.

Last edited by BlackpoolBluebird (15/2/2023 10:23 PM)

15/2/2023 10:37 PM  #6

What fine, honourable and generous words Father Gunner.  Callum  has long been a crowd favourite for all those qualities mentioned above and because he has completely exemplified the club's DNA and motto: Pride & Passion. He will be missed.  Please pass on the thanks and appreciation, I'm sure, of so many of us.

16/2/2023 11:08 AM  #7

Also sad to see him go. You always knew even if Callum was not having the best of game he would still be putting in 100%+ effort.  Not surprised he has gone though as for a while he hasn’t had any game time. l think the problem was Callum and Luke Russe are very similar players and difficult to have both in the side at the same time.
Remember his goal against Cirencester a few years back. What a goal that was! 
Good luck at Hungerford and thanks for all your efforts in the years you have been at the club

16/2/2023 1:09 PM  #8

I am a little surprised and hope he has left of his own accord - I was always thought he was a good pairing with Luke Russe as a battling central midfielder, but perhaps Meyhew does offer a bit more and would be a first pick instead, so maybe Callum does need a new challenge of trying to find a regular spot in another local side. 
Can't fault his effort whenever he was on the pitch and wish him well, hoping that he isn't going to be one of those visiting us in an opposing team in future who make us pay for a lack of faith in him.

16/2/2023 3:51 PM  #9

A player who always gives 100%, sorry to see him go.  Hopefully we’ll see him back in his home town shirt in the not too distant future.

17/2/2023 8:18 AM  #10

Was good to see you and Callum at the game on Tuesday Barmar, glad he got to say goodbye. We will miss him of course, you are both guaranteed a good welcome any time you come back to the ground. Will miss you on the coaches to away games although you leaving no gives someone else chance to win the raffle mate 

Board footera