BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/1/2023 11:10 AM  #1

Weymouth

Weymouth in turmoil, home win 2 nil. Big away following so will go for a great turnout of 830.

14/1/2023 9:43 AM  #2

Re: Weymouth

Any risk in game being postponed? It’s pretty damp out there 😄 and whilst I know we rarely have games called off for weather related (and in particular due to the amount of rain) this is the worst it’s been in the town for a number of years

14/1/2023 2:07 PM  #3

I think if it was in danger we would have heard by now. Weymouth have improved after a shocking start so I will go for 1-1. Attendance difficult to predict (especially with many local games being off) so will go for 688.

14/1/2023 3:00 PM  #4

Game postponed at 13.45, nothing on twitter all morning on state of the pitch or any inspection... I would be very annoyed if I was a Weymouth fan

14/1/2023 3:06 PM  #5

Very poor from us. Told Weymouth it was on about an hour before it was eventually postponed. Could've had it inspected earlier maybe? Weymouth fans quite rightly very annoyed.

That being said the pitch doesn't look that bad in the pictures though.

14/1/2023 3:17 PM  #6

It was the ref who called it off not the club who obviously thought it was playable. Not the clubs fault

14/1/2023 3:27 PM  #7

Bad news all round. I can undestand why the decision might have been so late, as we would have been more than desperate to get the game played. After weeks in the late Autumn without gate revenue coming in.and costing £7k plus a week to run the club, this looked a good earner especially with the volume of the travelling Weymouth support.  Now it becomes yet another Tuesday nighter and inevitably with a diminished crowd .. certainly from Weymouth....not as lucrative. Couple that with temperatures on Tuesday set to go down to -3  and anyone can understand the Club's anxiety about getting this fixture played.  Very very sorry for Wey players and fans  but   probably collateral damage in our desire to persuade the ref that the pitch was playable. He/she didn't oblige unfortunately. Bugger!

14/1/2023 3:30 PM  #8

I don't think Weymouth or their fans will see it that way. 

A local referee used to carry out a morning pitch inspection if there was any doubt about the surface being playable. Presumably that doesn't happen anymore.

14/1/2023 3:58 PM  #9

Well that’s climate change for you I guess!  
I know we’ve had rain so heavy the animals were starting to pair up but this is the first time in my memory that we’ve had a postponement due to a waterlogged pitch.  Having watched the match on Tuesday night, where the pitch barely cut up, it does surprise me that we’re off today.  Clearly the referee didn’t fancy it (how surprising)  - we’ve not had rain for hours, a drying breeze and 22 pairs of studs carrying out any “forking” needed and we’d be good to go.  The game’s gone soft. 

14/1/2023 4:12 PM  #10

According to “sources” Weymouths manager and the team were very pleased it was postponed. CTFC wanted to play!The referee wasn’t happy with the pitch whereas in the past it most certainly would have been played!!

Board footera