BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/1/2023 12:27 AM  #11

Re: Player movement.

Wish him all the best at Yeovil and yeah he has been a hell of a player in his time here. Can't blame him at all for that move as it is a level up, and professional- he is more than capable at that level and I really hope he will be a success there. In his interview with Yeovil after signing he described Chippenham as the best year of his career and to an extent saving his career so clear he leaves very grateful.

Parsons (and Windsor if we are able to sign him) should make up for his goals, and we have plenty decent wingers and midfielders so in my opinion we should still get by without him but losing such an exciting, dynamic player is a real shame although was bound to happen at some point.

Last edited by Eden (13/1/2023 12:30 AM)

13/1/2023 1:01 AM  #12

newfan wrote:

Tizzard back but Jordan Young gone to Yeovil. Owen Wilson been training with us and played against Swindon as triallist, so appears he is the target for striker signing

I really like Owen Wilson in behind enemy lives, wedding crashers and you, me and Dupree. Must be a commercial move that we have got him in…hopefully he can chip in with a few.

I’ve ‘heard’ certain things and if they are true then I think we go up a level despite the loss of Jordan Young. Fingers crossed.

13/1/2023 8:02 AM  #13

tigerroar wrote:

you still after Matt McClure?

Way out of our price range I suspect. Isn’t he full time with you. Although the COF seems to think we have bundles of cash.
We are after a former Hartbury college lad, so think the Gloucester rumour mill has got its wires totally crossed.

How’s it going with Mr King?

13/1/2023 10:00 AM  #14

Very sad to see Jordan go.  On his day, he was worth the entrance money alone. Looking at the Gloucester Forum when he left them, there appeared to be no more than a shrug at his departure... so he clearly hadn't thrived there.  This year or so has obviously been transformational for him and it's great that he.. and we.. can all acknowledge and celebrate that. I hope Yeovil .. in giving him the No 11 shirt.. don't squeeze him into an orthodox LW role. His great strength has been in roaming... picking up the ball deep .. usually on the right and then drifting across field either to score sensationally or to play little one twos that could unlock any defence. He has  often been our only real source of creative  ignition... and always our go-to dead ball deliverer. Thank you Jordan. A big welcome to whoever comes in... and there's still Craig Fas to get to know, as well.  "The King is Dead. Long Live the King!!"

13/1/2023 12:17 PM  #15

Wellard wrote:

tigerroar wrote:

you still after Matt McClure?

Way out of our price range I suspect. Isn’t he full time with you. Although the COF seems to think we have bundles of cash.
We are after a former Hartbury college lad, so think the Gloucester rumour mill has got its wires totally crossed.

How’s it going with Mr King?

Win some, lose some. I've written off the season.

Who is the Hartpury College player? I wouldn't have thought anyone there now would be NL standard?

And if you do get MM, he's twice the player that Jordan Young is.

13/1/2023 1:44 PM  #16

Just outside the playoffs, so he’s doing ok. Can’t stand the bloke myself.
Hope you sort tge off field problems soon.
Owen Windsor, ex Grimsby, WBA etc… not found his level yet. But hopefully it’s with u, as we are struggling for goals.

13/1/2023 5:12 PM  #17

Glos desperate to get that 1250 a week off of their expenses then?

13/1/2023 6:40 PM  #18

FYI I don't believe OW is playing for Hartpbury now, just that he's a former student and might know a few of the lads as I know Spence does some stuff with them.

Sorry to see JY go, great player for us, I'm sure he will thrive at Yeovil.

13/1/2023 9:32 PM  #19

Palms wrote:

Glos desperate to get that 1250 a week off of their expenses then?

He's worth every penny mind ;)

13/1/2023 10:13 PM  #20

Sorry to hear that Jordan has gone, thought we might keep him until the end of the season. Interesting to see how he gets on at Yeovil, who have an even worse goal scoring record than we have at present. But good luck to him.

Board footera