BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/12/2022 11:37 AM  #21

Re: Torquay

Our form is shocking and the results tell the story, point taken on experience but there is plenty within the squad last Richards, Jones, Hanks, Henry and Parker all come to mind. We are in real trouble and a decision to back financially or make a change must be made soon, saying that a win at Bath would not surprise me, the pre season hype around Bath has passed and they are definitely not anything to be concerned over. So far our season has been all about one game, Lincoln City. 

21/12/2022 1:25 PM  #22

To be fair Bath have both their main strikers out, who have scored close to 20 goals between them. They were the in the playoffs places before their injuries.

What concerns me is that we seem to get the same loans back time and time again. When they all go back, who’s going to score with Fasenmade injured.
Does Gary have the contacts to bring in some quality if the Chairman trusts him with some extra dish….I’m not so sure.

Last edited by Wellard (21/12/2022 4:04 PM)

21/12/2022 1:51 PM  #23

One striker who was available and slipped un-noticed under our radar is Alex Henshall. Still only 28 and left Swindon Town for Man City for a huge fee at the time.Has just been released and joined Melksham Town !! Clearly Mark Collier was aware of his availability, so why wasn’t Horgs aware of the player. Something needs to be done quickly or we will loose even more ground on the teams above. Must admit not very confident about the situation if I’m honest.

21/12/2022 2:16 PM  #24

toyboy wrote:

One striker who was available and slipped un-noticed under our radar is Alex Henshall. Still only 28 and left Swindon Town for Man City for a huge fee at the time.Has just been released and joined Melksham Town !! Clearly Mark Collier was aware of his availability, so why wasn’t Horgs aware of the player. Something needs to be done quickly or we will loose even more ground on the teams above. Must admit not very confident about the situation if I’m honest.

Didn't know that, good signing for that level but he's formerly of Wantage Town and Supermarine so there's obviously something there with him. He spent time on loan at Blackpool way back when too.

21/12/2022 3:15 PM  #25

Reading Gary’s report in the Gazette he is very upbeat and was happy with the performance, so at least the manager is positive. 

21/12/2022 9:57 PM  #26

Going back to Henshall, he’s a winger isn’t he?  If he’s been playing for Wantage he’s not likely to be what we’re looking for with the best will in the world.  Saw him play for Man City youth v Swindon youth about 10 years ago and he laid on two goals.  Highly rated at the time of course but like so many he’s been on a downward spiral ever since.

Board footera