BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/9/2022 12:35 PM  #1

Slough

Judging by table position and form guides - it should be very competitive tonight and they were knocked out of the FA Cup, so don't have a game on Saturday, whereas we need to hold some energy back but I would hope we still have the means to keep the undefeated home record 

27/9/2022 2:16 PM  #2

Re: Slough

Home win 2 nil. Crowd 555. 

27/9/2022 2:43 PM  #3

1-1. Crowd 425

27/9/2022 5:27 PM  #4

1:0 crowd of 503

27/9/2022 7:08 PM  #5

Agree it will be competitive, usually is against Slough.
1-0, attendance 484.

27/9/2022 10:37 PM  #6

FT 0-1. Slough definitely the best team we've played this season but no excuse for a very poor display. Lack of anyone able to lead the line effectively evident again with another first half of lumping it to no one in particular, only this time it continued into the second half. A few nice bits of play from midfield here and there but there was never a decent final ball and Slough dealt with us concerningly easily throughout.

7 goals in 10 games in the league is not a good record at all and needs addressing.

MOTM Eddie Jones for me. On to the cup.

Last edited by Eden (27/9/2022 10:37 PM)

27/9/2022 11:31 PM  #7

Not very good tonight. Small period in the first half but that was it.

Maybe the changes didn’t help but those coming in did little to warrant being picked on the weekend.

28/9/2022 6:18 AM  #8

Thought we were a little more creative tonight with Hanks coming in but it’s the final third where it falls down.
Long punts up field from Jones to Parker were just not working.
I’m not going to say it (read the Dulwich thread) but it was bleeding obvious tonight. Anyone who says different must be blind or stupid. One shot on target from Hanks and 7 goals in 10 games says it all.

I await the blue tinted brigade :-)

28/9/2022 8:55 AM  #9

Key players rested, presumably for the clash with the Met. Not quite a "B" X1  but  a starting eleven that lacked much in the way of creative spark. Slough were impressive and I would agree that they were as good, if not better, than any visitors so far this season. They did have a creative spark... in the shape of Aaron Kruhl their outstanding number 20 who pretty much ran the game for them and through whom  so much happened.  I thought there were one or two really under par performances for us, although, to our credit, we always battled well and in the end only again conceded the one goal.  However, we offered little by way of chances ourselves except for a brief spell at the start of  the second half.  After that, they were particularly potent down the left , causing us all sorts of problems  and that pressure led to a flurry of yellow cards for us as well as the goal. Our  subsititutions looked token to me; the game was gone by then.  All rather flat and pehaps inevitable given the  starting eleven we put out.  Decent gate  helped by some rather whingeing Slough support. Even Simon had lost some of his ringmaster style and sounded a little resigned when announcing their goal. From the Slough of Despond to the Colosseum (aka Imber Court) of His Majesty's Metropolitan Constabulary. COYB.

28/9/2022 8:58 PM  #10

Well if key players were rested for Saturday let's hope it pays off. Can't fault the effort of the players last night but never really thought we were going to score. Our lack of goals is well documented on here and I seem to remember last season being the same until we got some good loan players in and signed Jordan Young. Still very solid at the back which is reassuring, but I think we definitely need a (big) striker up front if we want to progress.

Board footera