BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/9/2022 6:02 PM  #21

Re: Dulwich

Reginald74 wrote:

Winning football or entertaining football? Yes it is dour and certainly not entertaining but it’s winning football, on the no 9 debate i don't think we need a giant upfront just someone who can hold it up, Sandell, Jarvis type. As for Richards just punting it forward, surely his defensive work outweighs his poor passing and distribution.

Yes it certainly does, he’s been outstanding at the the back but if he’s going to punt it forward, like you said we need someone who can hold the ball up.

25/9/2022 6:51 PM  #22

Wellard wrote:

We need someone, a true number 9 to get in the bo. Did Sandwell, Pratt drop so deep., I lost count of the number of times Richards just punts it up field to know one and we lose possession, hence its very painful to watch.

So we sign a player to cater for Will Richards tendency to kick it long and out for a goal kick in case one manages to stay in?

We can of course sign better players in every position but for what we are we are doing well and for people to say it’s painful - they’ve have clearly forgotten our exits to Uxbridge/Hastings and other terrible games. We had a big number 9 then in Marlon Jackson but that didn’t do us much good.

25/9/2022 8:04 PM  #23

Funny old game wrote:

Wellard wrote:

We need someone, a true number 9 to get in the bo. Did Sandwell, Pratt drop so deep., I lost count of the number of times Richards just punts it up field to know one and we lose possession, hence its very painful to watch.

So we sign a player to cater for Will Richards tendency to kick it long and out for a goal kick in case one manages to stay in?

We can of course sign better players in every position but for what we are we are doing well and for people to say it’s painful - they’ve have clearly forgotten our exits to Uxbridge/Hastings and other terrible games. We had a big number 9 then in Marlon Jackson but that didn’t do us much good.

Oh please did I say that., just someone who can hold the ball up to relive the constant pressure the defence is always under.
All about opinions Fella and that’s mine.

25/9/2022 8:09 PM  #24

Wellard wrote:

Funny old game wrote:

Wellard wrote:

Oh please did I say that., just someone who can hold the ball up to relive the constant pressure the defence is always under.
All about opinions Fella and that’s mine.

I’m other than Worthing and Ebbsfleet I cannot think of games where we have been under constant pressure?

We’ll have to agree to disagree on everything other than I’m right

25/9/2022 10:36 PM  #25

Yawn, Erm Oxford.
Read the Dartford, Oxford, Chelmsford threads loads of people commenting on the need for a striker not just me.

Oh and the user name is fooling knowone, can spot those blue tinted specs a mile away :-)

26/9/2022 11:12 AM  #26

Agree with most of what Willard says. Certainly need someone who can hold the ball up as at the moment going forward is so disjointed. As has been said Jordan Young who is always our best chance of scoring plays so deep and would benefit l’m sure if there was someone he could play off. But where can you get such a player and can you afford such a player?. Lose count of the number of times in a game when one of our players is in a position to cross the ball into the penalty area and more often than not there is not one of our players in there.
The management have to make the best of the players they have available but entertaining at that moment we are not. Recent games l have seen we are awful in the first half and improve in the second. A good example of that is the highlights from Saturday’s game where about 2 minutes of the first half are shown. As for the comment 5 goals in 2 games true but 3 against lower league opponents. A more telling stat is 7 goals in 9 league games.
As for winning games in my opinion this is down to the hard work and commitment of the players and an awful lot of luck. Winning is winning but where it is by one goal things can easily go against you. Again looking at Saturday’s game how many chances did Dulwich have just needed one of those to go in……. At least on the positive side the defence has been outstanding(has to be given the pressure they are under) and as for Will Richards best l have seen him play.

26/9/2022 5:14 PM  #27

I'm not sure where this "dull" tag has come from.

We're trying to play out from the back and we do it fairly well, we have a young(ish) squad who look like they want to play football the "right" way. Will King has been brilliant at LB, I'm led to believe he's a CM by trade but he's been class at left-back every time I've seen him.

In playing out from the back and not just kicking and rushing + actually getting the odd result and finding ourselves in 10th I'm not sure what people are moaning about.

Gary and Matt have started the season really, really well and long may it continue.

26/9/2022 6:20 PM  #28

I’m not sure it’s moaning just identifying an area for improvement and discussing it. It’s mine and other’s opinion
Not everyone will agree but isn’t that the point of a forum?
We are winning and that is the main thing.

Last edited by Wellard (26/9/2022 6:21 PM)

26/9/2022 8:52 PM  #29

We have the players.Hamilton and Tizzard centre backs.Will Richards up front.Job done and sorted,no extra expense.Don’t suppose anybody will agree,or it will happen.Although hobgoblin just might agree.

26/9/2022 10:52 PM  #30

Joiner wrote:

As for winning games in my opinion this is down to the hard work and commitment of the players and an awful lot of luck. Winning is winning but where it is by one goal things can easily go against you. Again looking at Saturday’s game how many chances did Dulwich have just needed one of those to go in……. At least on the positive side the defence has been outstanding(has to be given the pressure they are under) and as for Will Richards best l have seen him play.

The Liz Truss of forum posts.  Luck, defence under massive pressure *catches breath*

I think Dulwich had 5 shots in the first half and we did too. Greenslade missed a very good chance and so did their winger. I can’t think of a save of note Will Henry made?

Board footera