BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/9/2022 6:26 PM  #11

Re: Sholing.

Would assume that, in accounting terms, theClub  doesn't include Season Ticketholders in  Cup tie  gates, as they would at League games.  So add number of Season Ticket holders to 296 and you get a fairer comparator.  The 296 was all new revenue I'd guess.

17/9/2022 6:41 PM  #12

But surely most st holders would be attending Cup games?

17/9/2022 6:52 PM  #13

Cup game date “all pay” so season ticket holders have to pay and be counted.

Not pretty at times today and made hard work of it but came good against a tiring and poor Sholing. But into the next round which is all that matters.
Hopefully a few goals can give our strikers some confidence.

17/9/2022 7:04 PM  #14

Yes they did in front of 857, expect them to go through though. 

17/9/2022 7:47 PM  #15

There was at least 450 there today. Think we have been clever with our gate attendance announcement given gates get split. No doubt a wad of cash somewhere!!

I remember Dartford doing the same in the play offs last season!

Professional display, given our struggles last season against similar opposition, I thought it was comfortable. Second half naturally better but that’s 3 wins in 4 and a solid performances with a young team.

Meanwhile Bath spend more money than sense and splutter to a replay!

17/9/2022 8:54 PM  #16

The first half was poor from us.  Sholing we’re probably the better side. I held my breath when the ref went to his pocket at the end of the half as Will Henry brought down there Centre forward inches outside the area. I was expecting a red.  But luckily only the yellow was produced. The second half was a completely different ball game. I would imagine some strong words were said at half time. A very different Chippenham side came out for the second half down the slope. Some of the passing and link up play was excellent. Fitness and a better class of player shone through. Some very good football and Sholing were swamped at times. Decent 3-0  win against a side although two leagues below us had won all there games comfortably. Will Richards and Luke Russe were my standout players. Onwards to the draw.
Yate would be nice.  Well done Gary Matt and the Lads. 😎

17/9/2022 9:19 PM  #17

The way I saw it definitely a game of two halves. I thought we gave the ball away far too much in the first half, fortunately Sholing were not good enough to take advantage. Much better in the second half and the second goal seemed to finish them off. Another very strong finish to a home game. Looking forward to the draw (Tuesday?), anyone at home except Ebbsfleet will do for me  As for the attendance I find it impossible to gauge roughly how many are ever in the ground, I sometimes wonder where the official attendance figure comes from?
Well done to all today, onwards and upwards!

19/9/2022 9:20 AM  #18

296 did seem a bit low but with a long weekend maybe a few regulars stayed away - also the point about season tickets for league matches is very relevant. Very nervy first half, too many misplaced passes, but Jordan's goal was very good. A few minutes later luck was on our side where Sholing were right to assume they had a shout for a penalty and a red card for Wil Henry. Looking at the highlights however in slo-mo, the ref got that right. Contact was outside the box and defenders were level or beyond. Arguably not even a foul as not deliberate and the striker ran over Wil's foot as he went to clear the ball, but that would have been harsh on Sholing. Much better second half as our quality, squad depth and fitness proved to much for them. Hope we get another winnable home game for the next round

Last edited by newfan (19/9/2022 9:21 AM)

Board footera