BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/9/2022 4:59 PM  #21

Re: Oxford

I used the term daylight robbery because I honestly thought it was a very dodgy penalty decision (and I haven’t had the benefit of seeing a replay) but the effort put in by the team overall, especially the defence/midfield can only be applauded - it was an immense effort, and one final push to make something happen out of nothing saw us get the rub of the green.  Performances like this can only breed confidence and winning football matches generally means crowds increase, regardless of how pleasing or otherwise the football is on the eye.  Keep it up boys!

07/9/2022 10:08 PM  #22

TheVoice wrote: Riding luck? 

To clarify, I was referring to the last two games, not the season so far. Twice scoring a dead ball winner in the 90th minute to turn two draws into two wins (and therefore four extra points) is definitely riding your luck. Had we lost those games in a similar fashion everyone would be saying how unlucky we were. Very happy with the season so far.

07/9/2022 11:19 PM  #23

Having seen our highlights, I think it's a penalty. The Oxford man does seem to get the slightest of touches on the ball whilst also getting his foot caught in the ground, but then takes Alefe out who would have likely kept the ball in play without the foul/flip.

Though can see why Oxford are agrieved, with the footage on their highlights showing the reverse angle to ours and it's not a great view of the foul. These things usually seem to even themselves out across the course of a season, I'm sure they'll get a slice of luck soon.

09/9/2022 9:11 AM  #24

Having watched the replay Its a clear penalty and the ref was right there to see it. The defender doesnt quite get the ball and could have injured Alife. If you slow down the footage it is one of few decisions the ref got right - he could have had a red card too IMHO as last man denying a scoring opportunity with a foul.
I must admit from my view in the match I thought Alife had put the ball in the net anyway and the Oxford player had somehow managed to clear it after it crossed the line

Last edited by newfan (09/9/2022 9:15 AM)

Board footera