BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/9/2022 11:30 PM  #11

Re: Oxford

Joint most clean sheets in the division so far this season, from a defensive unit that saw one of its members cruelly taken away, it is a very impressive start to the campaign in that department.

Also seem to be making Hardenhuish Park (The TS Stadium) a tough place to visit, yes it’s only four games but we’ve taken 10 points from 12.

The foundations are in place…

06/9/2022 11:33 PM  #12

Riding luck? Daylight robbery? Need this, need that. Chaps come on! We’ve been beaten twice in seven. Against Ebbsfleet (Who will run away with this league) and a disappointing result away against Taunton. Draws against Worthing and Chelmsford (Both going strong) and wins against Hungerford, Dartford and Oxford, 4 clean sheets in 7 as well. Let’s throw some respect on it. Gary is operating within a tight budget, introducing young players more than ever and given the opposition we have faced so far in both his time this season and last, when are we going to stop calling it luck and call it a game plan? Hard to beat, difficult to break down and snatching up good points left, right and centre. Couple this with a result in the FA Cup and CTFC are enjoying their best start to a season in as long as I can remember! Let’s give credit where it’s due!

07/9/2022 12:42 AM  #13

I haven’t got the time to work it out exactly but our average age of the team must be no more than mid 20s if not a little bit younger.

Given that there is no Bray, Spencer, Hanks, Simpson, Griffiths or Pablo, as well as 1/4 of our players are from our academy and that we haven’t been a high scoring team in years and those problems don’t vanish over night - I think we have been excellent and probably had one of the hardest staters of the season to go with it.

Things can be better but you step away and look - this is the most optimistic I have been on a Chippenham side in this Division. A lot of potential. Let’s hope it stays.

07/9/2022 8:45 AM  #14

Eden wrote:

Agreed not a classic at all, but again the back line, especially Tizzard and Will Richards, was brilliant. Hopefully Saunders gives us a bit more attacking edge as we were a bit flat going forwards today. Can't complain too much with another late winner though.

I thought the Rovers loanee was Harvey Greenslade. Saunders looked very good in the friendly but do you know something that hasn’t been made public

07/9/2022 10:02 AM  #15

Funny old game wrote:

I haven’t got the time to work it out exactly but our average age of the team must be no more than mid 20s if not a little bit younger.

Fourth youngest squad in the division, avg age of 23.9. Only Braintree, Hemel and Weymouth have younger avg squads according to Transfermarkt.

07/9/2022 11:45 AM  #16

I thought the effort and work rate was superb again last night. The togetherness of the team looks immense.  It wasn’t a classic last night but as Simon said you get the late drama at the Park. Tizzard looks a great loanee hopefully we can keep him on a long loan. He has a very good guy in Will Richards to learn from. Really looking forward to the Fa Cup. We should beat Sholing but we have to respect them and no more. They certainly won’t just come to make up the numbers. But if we work as hard as in the last two games we will be in the draw for the next round
There’s something special when you get on a good run in the FA Cup.  So hopefully we can progress into the next round. It would be so good to see a few hundred more in the ground and really get behind Gary, Matt and this young team. Let’s keep the run going Saturday at Braintree as well. Which won’t be easy as there going pretty well  😎 cum on you Bluebirds.

Last edited by Jono (07/9/2022 1:30 PM)

07/9/2022 11:58 AM  #17

A win is a win ... is a win! Again,gritty and unglamorous but we showed plenty of character again last night against tough opponents.  It was really intriguing  football, if not desperately entertaining as both defences dominated and both sides relied increasingly and exclusively on the counter-attack.  Ox City could certainly play and whizzed the ball around purposefully, but like us offered very little threat near our goal. They did, however, afford us very little space  and frequently had 10 men behind the ball in the latter stages. Will Henry and Ben Dudzinski had barely a save to make between them the entire game.  The midfield battle though was fast, furious and sometimes ill-disciplined  which probably accounted for the referee, who started by letting a few "robust" challenges go, becoming increasingly yellow card happy, presumably to discourage some of the borderline tackling going on from both sides. Once again, Noah and Jordan  struggled for traction up front.  Ultimately the defences won out, though. I can undesrstand Ox City's unhappiness about the penalty.  To these elderly eyes and some of those around me ( but not all) it seemed that Lewis Miccio had cleared the ball fom the goalline before Alfie went cartwheeling over his leg. Such are split seconds and the limits of human perception.  The video highlights will probably tell us more.  Jordan dispatched the penalty well and the night was ours. As The Voice has said, there is so much to celebrate in our young side at the moment, especially remembering where we were football-wise at this point last year... ie basically lost in a really bad patch. We have an intensity now.. typified, as ever, by Luke Russe that other teams clearly are learning  to respect more and more.  We're slow starters and carve out few chances.. but we work really hard and seem to come on strong in the last 20 minutes. Sholing are riding high at the moment and can clearly score goals. ( 5 last night against Slimbridge). After the Uxbridge debacle we'll need to be completely up for it when we meet them in 10 days time.

07/9/2022 12:12 PM  #18

We are very strong in defence, both Will Richard and Will Tizzard are immense, and Tizz is very quick. We lack firepower up front and hope the new loanee from Bristol Rovers is the answer as we have only scored one goal from open play.  I was right near the penalty incident and think we were very lucky to have got the decision and I await the highlights to actually see if the referee was correct. Probably the only decision he gave us all night.

07/9/2022 12:30 PM  #19

Hope the loanee striker is 6’6 and 14st.All we are lacking is presence in the penalty box.Also is he available for the fa cup?Penalty, some you get some you don’t.Over the season decisions even themselves out.Does anybody know what the 50/50 winning number was from last night

07/9/2022 3:20 PM  #20

Yorkie wrote:

Reginald74 wrote:

Yes agreed, very defensive set up but it's 3 more points, Oxford not great and easy see how they were beaten so heavily Saturday. Points or entertainment, team will say points, fans will say entertainment.

Points for me, Reg! You don’t win anything with entertainment!…and you won’t avoid relegation with entertainment either!…just saying!

Last edited by Yorkie (07/9/2022 3:22 PM)

Board footera