BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/8/2022 5:00 PM  #1

Bath City Debate

For anyone with either the time or inclination there is an interesting recent thread on Bath City's" Roman Forum" entitled " City 3 Braintree 1." There is some revealing  discussion centred around Jerry Gill's taking issue with a fan's posting about the first half performance on their Facebook page.  I'm amazed that  City's Manager, or any manager come to that, is even allowed to engage in fans' dialogue let alone start objecting to their opinions, at least in such a very public forum.  Sounds pretty unhealthy to me.  I'm not sure where it leads. Also note further on, the references made to pre-season  requests to fans for donations for player acquisitions. I don't think we've been down that route either.  As a point of good manners ( cough, cough), I should add "Congratulations to Bath on their good start"....( NB. wrung out of me through gritted teeth and clenched buttocks!)

30/8/2022 5:26 PM  #2

Re: Bath City Debate

Gill is a control freak. If he doesn't take them up this season then he'll be binned off.

30/8/2022 5:57 PM  #3

Harsh and a little jealous may I add, worry about what goes on at HP,  stop wasting your energy. 

30/8/2022 6:12 PM  #4

Don't think it's either harsh or jealous, nor was it meant as such... merely interesting to note.  Looking at how other fans see the world can surely only inform our own perspective healthily... so it does relate to HP and practice here. If we don't look to others sometimes  we'll merely stare into our own navels all the time. 

30/8/2022 6:38 PM  #5

Gill a control freak appears a little harsh, that’s my point. Look out for ourselves not others. 

30/8/2022 11:03 PM  #6

Knowing a few people in the know that have been under Jerry’s stewardship - he is one of the most insecure and volatile managers around.

Makes it all about him and is widely disliked but a lot of past and present players. However, if you’re local then that’s where the money is so survives. Very good in the boardroom but the first year he’s not been given a new two year deal. Its only a matter of time before his man management skills strike after a defeat or two and then the usual will happen.

31/8/2022 3:11 PM  #7

Reginald74 wrote:

Gill a control freak appears a little harsh, that’s my point. Look out for ourselves not others. 

It's my opinion. Jerry Gill is a fraud and he's a known control freak and narcissist that throws his toys out of the pram when it doesn't go his way.

31/8/2022 5:06 PM  #8

Not sure why the obsession with another club and its manager as it only becomes relevant when we play against them. Concentrate on what we are achieving rather than another  better resourced club in our league. Bath  may have struggled last season but seem to be really competitive this season and are attracting attendances 2-3 times ours. 

31/8/2022 6:15 PM  #9

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

Reginald74 wrote:

It's my opinion. Jerry Gill is a fraud and he's a known control freak and narcissist that throws his toys out of the pram when it doesn't go his way.

If he is so bad, how is he still in a job ? The Bath City board of directors are no fools. 
I have to back up Sandells Sandal point. 

31/8/2022 6:51 PM  #10

Reginald74 wrote:

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

Reginald74 wrote:

If he is so bad, how is he still in a job ? The Bath City board of directors are no fools. 
I have to back up Sandells Sandal point. 

He steady's the ship and is cheap and local.

You could argue the Bath City directors are fools, have you seen their debt levels.

Board footera