BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/8/2022 3:25 PM  #1

Ola Lawal

Signed for Scottish club Falkirk, hope we have secured some money for the young man. Good luck Ola. 

05/8/2022 4:33 PM  #2

Re: Ola Lawal

Good luck to him, looked a talent but seemed underappreciated by the coaching staff.

05/8/2022 5:11 PM  #3

Plenty of good moments and crucial assists in the season that saw our best ever league finish, as well as a medal of his U23 efforts. Credit to the Academy for finding him and nurturing him into the first team and into a position where we get compensatition.

08/8/2022 2:20 PM  #4

Came on as a second half sub on Saturday, although Falkirk lost 4-0.

11/8/2022 1:45 PM  #5

96chipp wrote:

Plenty of good moments and crucial assists in the season that saw our best ever league finish, as well as a medal of his U23 efforts. Credit to the Academy for finding him and nurturing him into the first team and into a position where we get compensation

I stand to be corrected, but during Saturday's post-match interview on BBC Radio Wiltshire, I thought Gary said the club had waived its right to compensation.

11/8/2022 2:27 PM  #6

Really hope not, had budget cuts for Cook and when the opportunity arises we waive it. Look forward to the clubs statement.

12/8/2022 9:44 AM  #7

What statement would that be then? Unless l have missed something as the club hasn’t  even bothered  to post that he’s left then no chance of any other statement. Unfortunately yet another example of finding out what is going on with our players from other club’s websites or postings on here and not the official club’s website. Sad really.

13/8/2022 8:55 AM  #8

It was posted on Twitter and said we had agreed to a compensation package.

13/8/2022 10:37 AM  #9

Joiner wrote:

What statement would that be then? Unless l have missed something as the club hasn’t  even bothered  to post that he’s left then no chance of any other statement. Unfortunately yet another example of finding out what is going on with our players from other club’s websites or postings on here and not the official club’s website. Sad really.

Sad to see Ola go.  He had something a bit different and retained the ball well.  Would have been good to have had a brief mention of his departure  and "Wish him well" statement from the Club, but I do think that (the Club) "hasn't even  bothered" is  unfair.   I think there's been a huge improvement  in the Club's website over the last year or so. Interviews, video clips, previews, reviews etc.  Far more info than hitherto.  Like so much of the running of the club, this is probably done by a few people giving up  their own time largely for the good of the Club and the benefit of others.  I think "they" can be bothered .. very much. Witness the really informative list, recently posted, of where the Class of 19/20 are now. Really interesting and suggests there are going to be a number of reunions in the coming months... fond or otherwise. A  shout out for the webpage producers!  Thank you! As an official website, it can't get into gossip, speculation or dialogue.   As to compensation, or not, for Ola.  this is simply a commercial matter for Chairman & Board. It would  definitely be interesting to know about it, but we obviously  have no entitlement to access commercially sensitive information. We just have to believe that it would be unthinkable that Neil and the Board would do anything that didn't enhance the financial position of the Club, propped up as it is by their own funds. My beef in the past concerns information, or lack of it, about injured/absent players.  This has also improved significantly recently as the post-match Manager interviews usually allude to so-and so- out injured or coming back from injury. That sort of openness is really helpful: through greater knowledge, comes greater understanding... or at least, less misunderstanding!.

13/8/2022 10:54 AM  #10

From our Academy twitter page:

“U23 and first team graduate Ola Lawal has today joined Scottish League One side @FalkirkFC after the club agreed on a compensation package.

“Everyone at the club would like to wish Ola all the best in the next step in his career.”

Board footera