BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/6/2022 7:18 PM  #21

Re: Former Bluebirds thread

Greenslade now signed for bath aswell!! See they also announced Chris lines this week, big signing EFL experience, pushing for promotion by looks of it

20/6/2022 8:17 PM  #22

Greenslade not a huge loss- shame again he's gone to them but he wasn't a long serving captain like Parselle so it's a fair bit more understandable. A solid left back who I thought was a bit underrated towards the end of last season, will need replacing.

20/6/2022 9:03 PM  #23

Eden wrote:

Greenslade not a huge loss- shame again he's gone to them but he wasn't a long serving captain like Parselle so it's a fair bit more understandable. A solid left back who I thought was a bit underrated towards the end of last season, will need replacing.

Disappointing as he did well 2nd half of the season and we stood by him when he was injured, no loyalty. Did we offer him anything?

What’s more worrying is that we have not signed anyone, Bath have signed 6. Hungerford the same.
Are we even attempting to get these existing players signed up? People say stop worrying there is loads of time but I think it’s poor, especially when we are trying to flog discounted season tickets. A decent signing might flog a few more.
Bath splashing the cash which will add to the debt.

21/6/2022 6:39 AM  #24

Still alot of players available who will probably be turning up for trials at clubs like Chipppenham.

Not sure that Bath are splashing the cash as they have taken 2 from us and one from Frome and another from Tiverton. Another was a released fringe player from Exeter.  Also they lost 2 players to  Taunton. 

The signing of Lines was probably him looking to return to his home area whilst looking to sort out his future career as he is 36. So his pay level might not be too demanding alongside Bath's gates last season despite their performances.
One hopes there is a lot of activity  quietly happening behind the scenes but there is always concern that in the current climate our benefactor's business might suffer and as a result mean him having to reduce any financial  support he provides.

21/6/2022 7:21 AM  #25

Sandell's Sandal wrote:

Still alot of players available who will probably be turning up for trials at clubs like Chipppenham.

Not sure that Bath are splashing the cash as they have taken 2 from us and one from Frome and another from Tiverton. Another was a released fringe player from Exeter.  Also they lost 2 players to  Taunton. 

The signing of Lines was probably him looking to return to his home area whilst looking to sort out his future career as he is 36. So his pay level might not be too demanding alongside Bath's gates last season despite their performances.
One hopes there is a lot of activity  quietly happening behind the scenes but there is always concern that in the current climate our benefactor's business might suffer and as a result mean him having to reduce any financial  support he provides.

Exeter fringe player was Jordan Dyer, did well for us when on loan and when they played us. Had offers from higher up as well.
Chris Lines also had offers from league 2 and National league clubs. So both won’t be cheap.
Alex  Fletcher who has been superb for them will be getting offers higher up, so will be looking for more to stay..if he does.
And couple that with Parselle.
Gill wants a bigger squad this season, so trust me the are spending. Given they always lose around 50-80k a year is a big risk.

21/6/2022 8:57 AM  #26

Greenslade will be a miss he gave us balance on the left and his experience would have been vital with us bringing through the young players. I still don’t think there is a problem, all of last year’s squad would have been made offers and I’m sure all will be revealed shortly, as for the financial situation Neil made that clear to Cook so Horgan would know what he has to work with. With the amount of pot holes up and down the country I’m sure the tarmac companies are making plenty ££££ 

21/6/2022 9:39 AM  #27

Why again we only find out about a player not staying with us by reading it on the forum and nothing on the club’s website even now. If you don’t go on the forum. (or Bath’s website!) you won’t know what is going on. Shame but communication needs to improve greatly. On my reckoning it’s just Hamilton,Richards,Russe and Gunner as regulars from last season who are now left. Hopefully we will know what is happening with them on our own website and not from another club’s.

21/6/2022 9:50 AM  #28

Joiner wrote:

Why again we only find out about a player not staying with us by reading it on the forum and nothing on the club’s website even now. If you don’t go on the forum. (or Bath’s website!) you won’t know what is going on. Shame but communication needs to improve greatly. On my reckoning it’s just Hamilton,Richards,Russe and Gunner as regulars from last season who are now left. Hopefully we will know what is happening with them on our own website and not from another club’s.

Again, this was a free agent player signing for another club, there's not a lot the club can do about it. It wasn't a transfer between the clubs.

21/6/2022 10:12 AM  #29

That’s nonsense, the club would 100% know that the player has not agreed terms and is talking to another club, do you really think the first the club knew that Parselle was going to Bath City was when they read it on Baths website. 

21/6/2022 10:58 PM  #30

Jerry Gill knew full well that Bath's weakness last year was their back four. He would also have known that our strength was our own back four so no surprise that he has pinched half of them!
Hope to hear some positive news soon..........

Board footera