BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/1/2022 5:08 PM  #1

Bath City game

Oh dear, 2-0 down at half-time! ☹️

02/1/2022 6:07 PM  #2

Re: Bath City game

Who's gonna get the blame for this one ?

02/1/2022 6:11 PM  #3

Kevthebike wrote:

Who's gonna get the blame for this one ?

I suspect Mr Cook and the blue tinted glasses brigade will blame the refs poor decisions!

Last edited by frank (02/1/2022 6:18 PM)

02/1/2022 7:00 PM  #4

No complaints from me beaten by the better side. We did create or threaten that much.
Couple of decisions for both teams that others may argue about but I was too far away.
Fairly even game until 6 mins of madness at the end of the half. Unfortunately I mentioned that Will dropped a couple of crosses Against Hungerford (also think I was called negative 🥲)
Well he had a shocker. Tried to see out a ball for a goal kick that was never going to run resulting in a blocked shot. That’s were the nerves started.
1st goal a deflection off Parselle onto the post, hits Will and goes in. Should have held it imho.
Then after some hand bags, we switch off to allow a free run into the box for the 2nd.
Thought Hanks was poor today, lacking pace a looked tired.. They were just stronger,  especially in Midfield.

But 6 points out of 12 ain’t a bad return.

Last edited by Wellard (02/1/2022 7:19 PM)

02/1/2022 7:06 PM  #5

Bath weren’t that good but better than us and deserved to win.They passed the ball better had players moving giving the player with the ball options and out fought and out thought us.Afraid to say l thought we were pretty clueless throughout. 

02/1/2022 7:09 PM  #6

Local derby and we didn’t lay a glove on them.  No complaints just not good enough. 

02/1/2022 7:25 PM  #7

Rubbish today. Paid the price for not rotating the squad slightly over the last week.

Hanks looked shot, Ricky miles off it. Gunner looks like he’s had a good Christmas too!  Henry errors didn’t help either.

Felt we got killed in wide areas as we were always outnumbered.

He doesn’t seem to trust our u23 players on the bench - bringing them on when the game is almost gone, so I think either magic up some money and sign 4/5 players or he needs to get on with it and play them.

Annoyed by the manner of today’s defeat.

Last edited by BlueBird Bob (02/1/2022 7:31 PM)

02/1/2022 8:04 PM  #8

Another very disappointing afternoon. We really have become a Jackal and Hyde side.  For most of the first half there wasn’t that much between the teams apart from what happened in the 6 minutes of injury time. But the second half I expected us to come out and have a real go at them and really take the game to them. But it didn’t happen. They looked a bigger stronger and more organised side. It showed that they had a rest on Boxing Day.But that shouldn’t make as much difference as it did.  But the best team has won both games. Losing twice to Bath and playing pretty poorly both games is hard to take. Doesn’t get much worse than a double defeat by our neighbours. They wanted it more. And it really showed  😩

02/1/2022 8:15 PM  #9

Another six points donated to the Bath City charity fund.

02/1/2022 9:50 PM  #10

Well didn’t go, but from what I’ve read we weren’t at the races today. We move on! I’m frustrated as most of the ‘performances’ seem to have been away! Their league position is actually very good. There is a chance to get into the playoffs with some top teams coming to town.
Ok  clean slate, recharge and start again.
Over too you….

Board footera