BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/12/2021 12:25 PM  #1

Hungerford

Expecting a big reaction to our poor performance, youth will save the day so I will go for a two one away win, crowd of 510 with a big Bluebird following. 

28/12/2021 3:39 PM  #2

Re: Hungerford

I too expect a positive reaction. We all know Hungerford are a bit of a bogey team for us but I think we will get something. How about a battling 1-1 draw?

28/12/2021 6:10 PM  #3

Wow  ,didn't see that coming..
0-3

28/12/2021 6:33 PM  #4

Great unexpected result. Just  a shame we didn't manage it on boxing day when we missed the chance to have gained some new supporters!

28/12/2021 6:57 PM  #5

How are Hungerford doing so well ? We were by far the better team, think they over indulged over Xmas. If they have play off ambitions then count us in, we keep hearing about how tough this league is well I’m not so sure, Ebbsfleet are the team I think but the rest anything goes, such a inconsistent first half of the season from all. We must go to Bath now and back up this win. 

28/12/2021 7:23 PM  #6

As much as 4-1 might have flattered Bath 3-0 possibly flattered us today but deserved win and a first ever at Hungerford!

28/12/2021 7:27 PM  #7

We defended so well today but this myth that we are amazing away from home is nonsense.

Losing to Bath 4-1 wasn’t a 4-1 worthy defeat with the performance. The same today, today’s win wasn’t a 3-0 worthy win. But a welcomed one none the less.

Awful pitch and two teams chasing after their first touches half the game.

Well battled boys

28/12/2021 8:19 PM  #8

Reginald74 wrote:

How are Hungerford doing so well ? We were by far the better team, think they over indulged over Xmas. If they have play off ambitions then count us in, we keep hearing about how tough this league is well I’m not so sure, Ebbsfleet are the team I think but the rest anything goes, such a inconsistent first half of the season from all. We must go to Bath now and back up this win. 

They were the better side first half but we had the better scoring chances. With Ricky and Harry, both should have done better.
Will Henry had an awful 1st half, dropping at least 3 balls into the box and kicking was poor.
2nd half we came out strong got a good goal from Russe, they then threw another striker on and went 3 at the back.
We then exposed that space on the break to kick a couple more.
While we weren’t excellent, we did defend well and took our chances.

Pitch was very poor, players slipping all over the place, it may have even contributed to the injury to their midfielder.

28/12/2021 8:20 PM  #9

Great unexpected result. Just  a shame we didn't manage it on boxing day when we missed the chance to have gained some new supporters!

28/12/2021 8:24 PM  #10

A very solid win. We Defended so well today. And our team had more shape and balance about it.  I think Hungerford wanted to play which gave us some space. Where as Bath just want to spoil and keep the game tight. And we weren’t good enough to break them down. The difference today was we took are chances. And our back four were outstanding. And what they didn’t block or break down Will Henry dealt with brilliantly. Star man for us today I thought was Will Richards superb commanding performance. A very good day at the office today. With a decent following. Let’s hope for the same sort of effort against Bath. Well done boys. 😎

Board footera