BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/12/2021 11:30 AM  #1

Bath City.

3 - 1 win in front of 2100. Happy Christmas 

24/12/2021 3:29 PM  #2

Re: Bath City.

Good to be optimistic Reg. However, more chance of the 3-1 than the 2100. I think you might have the 2 and the 1 the wrong way round. 

24/12/2021 6:46 PM  #3

I think form goes out the window in these sort of games. I see Bath have yet to have a draw so that would seem the most likely outcome .
I think a gate of 2100 would be great but that would probably mean 800 or so from Bath as well as a lot of irregular locals attending. With Bath being lower table and Covid worries 350-400 away fans is probably the most we can expect so 1200 may be more realistic.

24/12/2021 9:30 PM  #4

Tough tough game but………..

2-0 win. Parsons and Hanks.

1,457 at the gate.

Merry Christmas!

25/12/2021 11:53 PM  #5

2-2...

Att.  1125

26/12/2021 6:36 PM  #6

FT 4-1 to Bath

Great attendance but poor performance and terrible result even if it flattered Bath a bit. Lumping the ball up to Lawal and Parsons for the entire first half when they are never going to win a header. Conceding two goals to ten men is inexcusable even when we're chasing the game. Bath weren't even that good, ref was poor but with centre mids and wingers at full back and a bench entirely made up of academy players it's pretty clear we need to get some players in. Where was Greenslade? 

No hope of a result at Twerton or against Hungerford if we play like that. Turning off replies on twitter sets a bad precedent as well.

Last edited by Eden (26/12/2021 6:38 PM)

26/12/2021 7:16 PM  #7

Bit of a strange one. Weren't good enough first half, could have been a few more behind. Better second half but couldn't work out how to get through nine men behind the ball, seemed to default to long balls and crosses again. But their pen never was and a few other questionable decisions against us.

4-1 flattered them for me but also had we been three down at ht there would have been few complaints. Next up Hungerford in two days time who've had their feet up today

26/12/2021 7:22 PM  #8

First visit since the cup exits! Absolute rubbish! Won’t bother going back this season!
Two points out of today: Two toilets (one a porta loo) totally inadequate.
Second point, some of the Chippenham support behind the goal are a disgrace! One guy (formerly a club steward) was positive trying to incite trouble!

26/12/2021 7:31 PM  #9

blackandamber1 wrote:

First visit since the cup exits! Absolute rubbish! Won’t bother going back this season!

Lost all interest and respect after this sentence.

26/12/2021 7:37 PM  #10

Poor first half, whacking the ball up to two small teenagers seemed brainless.

However, second half was better but needed more quality wide and probably had our worst players (for quality) playing there in Russe and Gunner.  We seem
Intent on chucking crosses in the box with the smallest team we have EVER had 🤯

Game developed and suited Bath who have a new approach it seems of long ball football.

Ref was poor but when aren’t they??  However, penalty aside, none of the goals conceded were his fault.

It happens. It’ll hurt but a good chance to put it right Tuesday.

Board footera