BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/10/2021 8:22 PM  #11

Re: Welling

I said after we were dumped out of the FA Cup that the manager needs to go. Today's performance has not changed my opinion. Yet again he goes with one up top and in the entire 90 minutes of play I saw him get out of his seat three times. Contrast that to their manager, who spent almost the entire game in the technical area trying to get his opinion understood by his team. 

09/10/2021 8:23 PM  #12

frank wrote:

Is it time for a change of management?

No.

09/10/2021 8:36 PM  #13

Yet to see the post match interview but no doubt Mr Cook will blame the players and say he feels for  himself and the coaching staff!

Last week I was disappointed to hear that when we lose it’s the players fault, but when we win it’s been a coaching master class!

Let’s see!

10/10/2021 1:01 PM  #14

On Cooky’s interview he stated that we play better football on the 4G. Our pitch is like a carpet and has been the best I can remember. No excuses not play passing football on that surface.

10/10/2021 2:48 PM  #15

Another bad home defeat. I thought we played slightly better than last week (not difficult really) but there is clearly something wrong either with the setup, or the squad, or both. Why do we play at home with one up front, that one being a target man for our long balls and clearly not a prolific scorer? The team is crying out for a striker and if we don't add one it's going to be a very long and potentially difficult season. 

We also saw yesterday what happens when our usually dependable back four are below par, we get punished. (They always seem exposed as the opposition play through our weak midfield). Welling didn't look particularly good but they made the most of their chances and that was the difference. Yet again we didn't seem to have a plan B when needed. Having said that I don't agree a change of manager/coach is needed.....yet.
We will see what Eastbourne brings.

10/10/2021 5:56 PM  #16

At least we managed to put some passes together in patches which was encouraging,but at the end of the day two bad misses cost us the chance of a point.The manager said in his post match interview that our style of play may have to change if results don’t improve.As I only see home games playing Jackson up front by himself and just sending endless aimless crosses must play into the opponent’s hands,at least try and get someone to feed off him and we might create a few more chances.Also why are our two summer signings Griffiths  and Santos played so little,I thought signings where supposed to enhance a team not keep the bench in the dug out warm.On a positive note at least the attendance for the game increased,but does anybody know what the break even figure is?

11/10/2021 10:30 AM  #17

Improvements are needed, our play is very one-directional which is so predictable and boring. I'm not sure a change of manager at this point in the season is the right decision.

Board footera