BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/10/2021 5:54 PM  #1

Welling, Saturday

After the disappointment of the cup exit, playing welling is the chance of putting some faith in the team and manager.
A big win, clean sheet and play with some fight.
If we draw or god forbid lose , 🤮
The Havant and Concord games shows we can be very good on the day ,we need it every week to get a top ten finish.
Playing at home seems to be the problem, away form is better, usually it's the other way round.
3-0 home win ,and a increase in the attendance would be nice.

05/10/2021 8:41 PM  #2

Re: Welling, Saturday

Club needs a lift and a big home win will help, 4 nil, attendance 520.

05/10/2021 9:46 PM  #3

tonight 
Eastbourne Borough 0 1 Horsham
fa cup replay.

significance being our match on 16th October away to Eastbourne is still on. If Eastbourne had won it would have been postponed due to it being 4th QR of FA cup

08/10/2021 11:47 AM  #4

We need a win very very badly. People’s faith in the club is at a very low ebb. A lot are staying away and a lot more have been saying they’ll will give it another week. Which is not what the club needs right now.  Mike and his team need a win desperately to  shut a few up.  If we don’t get it. He will be under some real pressure.
Welling also need to win. Should make for a tense game. Changes are needed but we can only change what we have.  Harry Warwick has been badly missed. He’s an exciting player who seems to improve with games. I’m hoping he’s fit and starts.
Good luck Mike and his team and all the lads. Definitely need to show a bit of Pride and Passion. 😎

08/10/2021 2:35 PM  #5

Wondered down the ground earlier in the week, I was reliably told the players were hurt and upset at being knocked out of the cup, so really do expect a good win, Welling are really struggling and I thought we may have seen a lot of new faces in their squad following a new managerial appointment but it looks like they have only signed a youngster and a keeper. The club is down on its spirit and needs support, I along with the other three grumps will be there. 

08/10/2021 5:35 PM  #6

Well said Reginald.  As for Jono - old stick -  anyone calling themselves a supporter, amongst those you have talked  to, considering abandoning the club after 3 or 4 poor performances, is not remotely worthy of that name.  Cowardice in the face of the enemy, I say. Lack of backbone in the ranks.  I'll take a good performance tomorrow above almost anything.  The Bearded Wonder and I will be rallying the troops as usual . Her Ladyship will be " otherwise engaged" felling a small conifer plantation.  COYB!   I think one is  supposed to say.. (still wondering what it means I confess) 

08/10/2021 8:26 PM  #7

We are 6th in the league, yet getting low numbers through the gate, we were getting better gates in the southern premier league.
It's either covid or just the style of play at the moment putting people off.
The club finally get a new clubhouse and the pitch looks the best in years, the chairman must be scratching his head.

08/10/2021 8:55 PM  #8

Agree with Jono, it will probably be a tense affair tomorrow. The first goal always makes a difference but I think tomorrows could be crucial to settle the nerves and boost the confidence of the team that gets it. Welling have been in freefall, if ever there was a game to allow the players to do better than last week then this is it. I'm not optimistic about the attendance so I will go 417 and 2-0.

09/10/2021 9:37 AM  #9

4 nil home win, 525

09/10/2021 11:15 AM  #10

2-0 home win..    435 att.

Board footera