BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/10/2021 7:40 PM  #31

Re: Hastings

newfan wrote:

Where are Bray and Hamilton? Injured?

Bray tore his hamstring at Concord, and Hamilton played yesterday...

04/10/2021 11:41 AM  #32

. Having watched the 2 Poole games the Ebbsfleet and Hastings games in my opinion this has got to be one of the worst Chippenham sides I can remember in the 20 or so years I have been supporting Chippenham. Fortuneately the only plus point is that we have a good defence with 2 of the best centre backs and goalkeeper in the league but they are under constant pressure because as soon as the ball is cleared from defence it comes straight back as the ball is just given away by due to awful passing. The opposition don't have to fight for the ball it is given to them! Watching these games it seems to me that the player in possession just seems to have any idea what to do with the ball. No movement no width leaving the player who has got the ball no options and time after time the ball is lost.We can't score goals and have one of the worst goals for tallies in the league ( this follows on from last season such as it was when again our goals for was one of the lowest). As far as the league position is concerned after Saturday we may have more of an idea where our realistic position is in the league. Welling have one of the worst attacks and the worst defence so if we can't beat them and score a few goals in the process no excuses. One thing I am puzzled about Cook signed a guy called Jennison Myrie-Williams. His record suggests he is an experienced player so given how awful we have been why hasn't he been in the team? Or is he another signing that was injured when signed?

04/10/2021 12:41 PM  #33

Well having taken a couple of days to think about the game, could someone please confirm that Hastings are 2 leagues below us because to any neutral you would have thought that Chippenham were a Sunday league side (at best,) pathetic all round, as for the manager sat quietly in the dugout with the hangers-on all match then blaming the players for not doing what they were told, laughable, time for a lot of changes and soon,taxi for cook.

04/10/2021 1:53 PM  #34

Why didn’t the manager bring on Garrett Kelly for Callum Gunner instead of Spencer Hamilton,surely that would have been a better option.Also why not try Will Richards up front,we have plenty of central defenders,and Will knows where the goal is, which is more than some of our forwards know at the moment.Also why was Alefe Santos not in the squad,was it part of the player rotation,injured or just simply left out.Also see the highlights of the Hastings game go on for 13minutes,can’t bear myself to watch it at the moment.Just hope for better or more encouraging performance on Saturday 

04/10/2021 3:38 PM  #35

Welling have appointed former England manager (albeit for only one game) Peter Taylor as their new manager. He will no doubt have good contacts re players, we will see Saturday 

04/10/2021 6:04 PM  #36

I'm not about to jump on Mike Cook's back at the first sign of trouble, but I do recall him saying after his appointment, the aim was to build a side which would entertain the supporters. He even went as far as saying there'd be games when we lost, but the team would still have entertained the fans while trying to win.

Steering us well clear of relegation in his first season is something I'll always remember Mike Cook for. The entertainment value and the bonding between the players and supporters was brilliant. It made a fantastic end to the season.

Unfortunately the entertainment at the moment is sadly lacking. The attendance against Hastings must have sent shock waves through the boardroom. With a new clubhouse and the best playing surface I've ever seen at HP, the Club might reasonably have expected attendances to at least stabilise, but to plummet so far is a disaster.

As for Mike Cook's extensive management team, if it means we can outwit the opposition with our in-depth knowledge of how they play, and come up with the right tactics to counter their strengths, then it's money well spent. Otherwise fans are bound to question the necessity of a bench which leaves Gary Horgan standing out in the rain because all the seats are taken.

04/10/2021 9:28 PM  #37

Hastings is twice the size of Chippenham and their gates compare to ours.It cannot be compared to Melksham.I was very disappointed with  the display but let's hope this is  a wake up call.Mike was obviously not appointed on a whim  let's give him a chance.

04/10/2021 9:48 PM  #38

Wasn’t at the game, but wanted to wait a few days. From what I’ve seen  these players can’t seem to hold the ball for more than a few seconds! I don’t know these players, but to play at this level they must be half decent! What I do believe is that there is no dressing room spirit. They are fundamentally frightened to express themselves.
Let’s make a comparison with Swindon Town. They are not the best bunch of lads to ever to play at the Country Ground. The team was assembled, when most clubs had their squads for weeks. Ultimately they may finish the season without any trophies, but that won’t be for lack of trying! They would give 100% for their manager. I don’t see that with Chippenham Town.

05/10/2021 5:11 PM  #39

Disappointing but cup games are sometimes  a bit of a lottery. Lets face it despite a big defeat to Ebbsfleet our league results have been largely positive in what is a very strong league. Well we are in a  play-off  position and above  Bath.  Perhaps see where we are at the end of October rather than being too negative at the moment.
Must admit however attendances are disappointing especially when many other Clubs (including Bath) are reporting significant increases.

Board footera