BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/10/2021 6:21 PM  #11

Re: Hastings

Back on chauffeuring duties The Bearded Wonder ( TBW)  was harrumphing well before his customary half time Bovril. Her Ladyship, after Tuesday night's soaking, decided against a trip to The  Resurfacing Park choosing instead to engage in remedial works on the Estate slurry pit before sitting down to polish a hundredweight of the ancestral silver. Never was a nip of my  Benromach 21 single malt more welcome and necessary than after the 47th minute. At times thereafter  it seemed that it was the only spirit apparent in the ground. An uncomfortable watch all round; made worse by sitting near some cock-a-hoop HUFC fans who were cocking and hooping with abandon... and for good reason. Good to have TBW beside me as a human shield and to save them from a tonk on the head with my cane.

His Lordship's Inexpert Analysis 4:

Overall:  A lively contest for the first 15 minutes then the better, more organized side took control and were the only ones to pose any threat thereafter. A paltry gate.. even taking into account the weather.

HUFC: a side modest in terms of talent but played simple footabll with a confidence that belied thier humbler status.  Kept hold of the ball, did the simple thing, defended effectively and always posed the greater threat. Niggly near the end but always seemed to know what they were about.

CTFC: it pains His Lordship to say it.. but apart from 6 or 7 minutes at the start of the game we looked second best everywhere... and more worryingly..and  much more alarming than on Tuesday night ....we looked lost and lacking in spirit.  Where was the thumping second-half comeback|? The siege of the HUFC goal at the end? The  chasing down of every ball as if your life depended on it?  There was a terrible and debilitating air of resignation in the last 15minutes or so... and from a side who only a week ago had put 3 goals past a good Concord Rangers outfit. "Pride and Passion" looked decidedly tarnished and in need of Her Ladyship's Silvo and elbow grease this afternoon.

Positive(s): We sit well in the League Table. We seem to battle well away from home with no heavy concession of goals... unlike the 10 goals( Is it?) conceded in the last 3 Home fixtures.  "Come on Chipp!" I bellow " You're better than this!"

02/10/2021 6:35 PM  #12

Wellard wrote:

Space Raider wrote:

Woeful today, we struggled with the conditions and very quickly resorted to hoof and hope but previous two posters questioning Cook... Have you not seen where we are in the table??

Not questioning Cook position at all, but he does set the tactics or were you happy with hoof ball up to Jackson, which their large centre backs delt with easily all game.
Also  he did sit on the bench the whole game. That lack of passion fed through to the players.
And we won’t be staying in that lofty position for long playing like that.

Don't get me wrong it was a shocking performance today by the team and manager... But to call him clueless when we've had a good start to the season is an overreaction

02/10/2021 6:36 PM  #13

I am not questioning Cooks position just saying he seems clueless especially when things need changing. He sent Mann on today and he seemed to be playing in midfield, thought he was a striker!!!!

02/10/2021 6:38 PM  #14

Space Raider wrote:

Wellard wrote:

Space Raider wrote:

Woeful today, we struggled with the conditions and very quickly resorted to hoof and hope but previous two posters questioning Cook... Have you not seen where we are in the table??

Not questioning Cook position at all, but he does set the tactics or were you happy with hoof ball up to Jackson, which their large centre backs delt with easily all game.
Also  he did sit on the bench the whole game. That lack of passion fed through to the players.
And we won’t be staying in that lofty position for long playing like that.

Don't get me wrong it was a shocking performance today by the team and manager... But to call him clueless when we've had a good start to the season is an overreaction

I didn’t call him Clueless.

02/10/2021 6:52 PM  #15

02/10/2021 6:53 PM  #16

The last 4 home games have shown that he doesn't seem to know how to change things around when things are not going our way. Everything is fine if we are winning. As somebody else mentioned just seems to be sat on the bench, may as well be sitting in the stand with the supporters.

02/10/2021 7:08 PM  #17

I think Cook should go. He's displaying exactly the same tendencies that Collier did before he was given the old heave ho. That's the tendency to react too late, if at all, and using questionable tactics. For many games now (except this one and the win at Concord) he's played a single man up top. What good is that when the midfield is not good enough to service him? If Jackson is the man up front we might as well just play with 10. Sad times and all of the blame lies at the manager's feet. This is his team now and many of the players in it just aren't good enough. 

02/10/2021 7:29 PM  #18

Easy now, disappointing result yes, but let’s not be calling for heads when we’re in the best league position in our history. Let’s not be one of those clubs that call for managers heads after 7 league games, especially sitting in the play off positions.

02/10/2021 7:29 PM  #19

Well, that was an interesting interview from Mr Cook, not much of an apology to Chairman, Board and supporters. He use of the word ‘they’ for the players I find strange, surely he is part of the team responsible for the defeat and he choice of words suggests he is remote from players.Is there a rift between manager and players? He also commented ‘we should be beating a team like’ this shows little or no respect for the opposition.

02/10/2021 7:37 PM  #20

They were very cute, not only with the towel drying the ball which the ref seemed okay with coach coming on to pitchside with dry towels, but they also fielded a different side (2 players including goal scorer) from the published team sheet

Board footera