BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/10/2021 12:01 PM  #1

Hastings

Think we will have to be on top form tomorrow. Hastings only went out to Ebbsfleet last season on penalties and their manager, who claims Chippenham don’t faze him, claims they were the better side v Ebbsfleet.

01/10/2021 2:59 PM  #2

Re: Hastings

I see no issue against a side that are two leagues below us and only mid table, it’s like us taking on Melksham. We will be hungry for victory following the Ebbsfleet mauling, Ebbsfleet last season were not anywhere near this seasons level. Three nil, 725 attendance.

01/10/2021 8:35 PM  #3

Do not underestimate Hastings, they are a decent side who could well turn us over. If the last 2 seasons hadn't been curtailed there is every chance they would be in the National South now. I know we had half a team sat in the stand on Tuesday but we will get beaten if we have to put the same side on the pitch. We need some of those injured players back as soon as possible.

01/10/2021 8:52 PM  #4

As much as I want to be optimistic I agree more with AJG than Reginald on this one. A lot depends on what side we can put out (who was the new guy Tuesday?) This looks a very tricky fixture to me. The weather forecast looks bad again which might keep a few away so I will optimistically go for 622 and a 2-1 win. COYB

01/10/2021 9:54 PM  #5

I’m always optimistic pre match. They do deserve respect that’s for sure. I hope that motivates our lads that there manager is not phased by Chippenham. Show them respect yes. But not to much. Let’s get the job finished on Saturday.
I’ll go 3-1 and 599. We need to start at a fast tempo and let them know there in for a tough afternoon. Good luck to Mike and his team and all the lads. 😎

02/10/2021 5:06 PM  #6

Disappointing day all around, both result and crowd.

02/10/2021 5:34 PM  #7

Well l can’t wait to read what positive spin the blue tinted glasses brigade put on that performance. Shambolic, Embarrassing, disgraceful, woeful etc etc, 2 shots on target against a team 2 leagues below but take nothing away from Hastings, they didn’t have to be good to beat that shower today, scored a good goal and just sat back and watched us do nothing. Cook is clueless l’m afraid to say but there again he hasn’t got the players to work with. No midfield, nothing up front and no width apart from that not bad!!!!

02/10/2021 5:55 PM  #8

Can’t disagree with the above.
Cook spent the whole game on the bench not wanting to get wet.
But clueless, no passion or tactics.
Pump the ball up to the big guy who couldn’t trap a fart, won nothing all game, came straight back at us.
Stearn spends to much time moaning rather than playing.

The other thing I ask, we have a manger, assistant, head coach, coach(Horgan) a couple of guys doing analysis/stats/ camera etc.. so so we need all of this? Does it eat into the playing budget?

It’s going to be a long season

02/10/2021 6:07 PM  #9

Woeful today, we struggled with the conditions and very quickly resorted to hoof and hope but previous two posters questioning Cook... Have you not seen where we are in the table??

02/10/2021 6:17 PM  #10

Space Raider wrote:

Woeful today, we struggled with the conditions and very quickly resorted to hoof and hope but previous two posters questioning Cook... Have you not seen where we are in the table??

Not questioning Cook position at all, but he does set the tactics or were you happy with hoof ball up to Jackson, which their large centre backs delt with easily all game.
Also  he did sit on the bench the whole game. That lack of passion fed through to the players.
And we won’t be staying in that lofty position for long playing like that.
That said Hasting time wasting tactics were very frustrating.
Since when have gel and water been allows to be thrown on the pitch when the ball goes out for throw!!
And a guy opening the gate to come onto the field of play to dry the ball with a towel!!
Ref should have stopped it.

Last edited by Wellard (02/10/2021 6:21 PM)

Board footera