BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/9/2021 9:51 AM  #11

Re: Home Vs Ebbsfleet tonight

newfan wrote:

Some people clearly watching a different game to the one I saw. We were second best in all positions from the outset and our goal before half time was really our only meaningful attack.

You must have left early then as we scored another and hit the woodwork twice

29/9/2021 9:54 AM  #12

I think sometimes you have got to look at the opposition. And the difference in budgets and quality of players that teams have. Ebbsfleet have a huge amount of quality. After just 5 or 6 minutes you could tell we were going to be in for a really tough night. The way they moved the ball with pace and the running off the ball was very impressive.  There’s a huge difference between a full time player and a semi pro player. Ebbsfeet would have been fully relaxed  a light training session, team lunch, Team talk and the day would be a stroll and relaxing for them.
Where as our boys it’s finish work tired, rush and tear to get to the club on time. There’s a million miles of difference. And unfortunately it showed on the pitch. They were excellent. They’ve had a few problems the last few weeks. But there all sorted now apparently. There main striker who scored a hat trick Dominic Poleon. His goal scoring record throughout his career has been phenomenal. Mostly in the football league.
I dread to think what he is being paid. But credit to our lads although second best we stayed in the game until late on. And if The header that hit the bar goes in who knows. But no one can argue the best side won. They will be promoted the end of the season no doubt about it. The best footballing side I’ve seen at Chippenham in our division for a long time.
Someone asked me before the game would I rather win tonight or Saturday. I’d like to win both. But it has to be the FA Cup Saturday. Money talks as we saw on the pitch last night.
We move on to Saturday. Good luck Mike and all the lads. 😎

29/9/2021 10:31 AM  #13

Spot on Jono, sometimes u just have to hold your hands up and say we were beaten by the better side. Credit to us though for keeping going and never giving up.

29/9/2021 10:31 AM  #14

The Bearded Wonder ( TBW) being off-duty last night, I was accompanied to Thornbury Park Ltd by Her Ladyship for the first time since her infamous outbreak  of "the vapours"  what seems a lifetime ago ( see Havant post). A little ring-rusty , it wasn't until the 36th minute that she asked me to confirm that Chippenham were indeed in blue. " Yes, my dear" I affirmed " But, sadly, they are not  currently winning this encounter".  " How unfortunate" she   declared, as she returned to her telephone and The Great  British Bakeoff. Loyal to a fault and CTFC through-and-through I'd say.

His Lordship's Inexpert Analysis No. 3:

In accordance with the family motto ( witheld for reasons of anonymity) I shall be  relentlessly positive,  not too judgmental...  but realistic... and never, never pompous and long-winded, I hope, in making the following comments:

Overall.  EUFC ...one of the best teams I've seen here for a long time.  The  score, in painful honesty, was a fair reflection of their superiority.  They were not only a step up from us in quality but worked unbelievably hard all over the pitch.

Ebbsfleet: No Jurassic giants, as some visitors, they were a proper footballing outfit  right down to their  Subuteo Original red and white livery ( with the exception of their Highlighter Pink Goalkeeper).
On a  slick surface they kept the ball on the ground , when not flicking it deftly over the top, worked the flanks relentlessly with little Geometry lessons in quick one-two- triangles, and always seemed to have time and space to move the ball around to their agenda rather than ours. Their workrate was exceptional,  exemplified by the pounce on Master Will's momentary lingering on the ball for goal number one, and had 2 or 3 players -- who were a major step up in quality for our League.. especially D Poleon Esq who scored the goal of the night ( and 3 others for good measure). That said they looked momentarily ragged during our one spell of pressure.. at 2-4 .. but reasserted themselves swiftly in scoring again. Little or no cynicism; did their talking with the ball.

CTFC:  We were never given the opportunity to play until the second half.  They harried us so badly from the off that we were reduced to a constant stream of hit-and-hope clearances that inevitably went either into touch or to a red shirt, whichever of the two,  but with the same outcome..handing EUFC the ball  on a silver salver, allowing another red wave to break over our retreating defence.  We had little or no midfield in the midfield for long stretches of the first half as they were deployed solely in the trenches of our final third  throwing bodies in the way of attacks .  Poor old Master Marlon J.  A man left chasing shadows... until of course his two splendid interventions midway through the second half. Positives: We scored two good goals.  We came out in the second half clearly determined to play the ball more on the ground instead of panicked clearances.Time to move on and take the positives into the Hastings game. 

Memories:  Biblical rain. Master Will kicking the ground, air and anything available after his fatal dispossession for goal number one.. and .... and of course the  contented log-sawing   of Her Ladyship's  snoring  at the full-time whistle.   Plus ca change!

29/9/2021 11:12 AM  #15

Ebbsfleet were very good, but Hastings drew 2-2 there in FA Cup last season and only went out on penalties. Respect due on Saturday 

29/9/2021 11:26 AM  #16

Congratulations to the ground staff pitch looked in excellent condition even after the game with all the rain we had.Of the ten goals we have conceded in the league eight at home in two games ,only two away.As i don’t go to away games do we play a different formation,may be a bit more defensive?

29/9/2021 11:59 AM  #17

We're not the first to be turned over by Ebbsfleet this season, and we won't be the last. Think they'll be in their own mini-league with Dartford and Maidstone come the end of the season.

As for us, we're competitive enough against the teams that are on a similar footing, and from what I've seen, there's a real chance to break into that top 10 for the first time at this level.

Hastings will come with good support and no pressure on them, so nothing should be assured, but hopefully we'll do enough to secure that Fourth Qualifying Round berth.

29/9/2021 12:30 PM  #18

Our record going into the game was better than Ebbsfleet and whilst the goal we did score to get back to 1-2 at halftime was excellent it was our only meaningful attack (as I said before) of the whole game. When others say we didnt deserve to lose by that amount, I'm saying we were lucky to keep it to 5 and at 1-3 I was thinking they would get 6 at least as we had no answers. By the time we scored again and hit the woodwork it would have been consolations only as they seemed quite capable of running through our midfield and defence en masse with multiple options to finish with a goal. When you sit back that deep all game, we only have the hoof and hope clearance to escape and Jackson wasnt able to do anything with those even if they managed to reach him.

29/9/2021 9:11 PM  #19

Well it's all been said really. On the night we were well beaten by a much better team. Like Poole the week before the opposition kept the ball on the floor, had loads of possession and seemed able to run through our midfield at will. The difference was the quality of finishing. Agree the pitch looked great. My crowd prediction was 7 out, I'll get it right one day (surprised how many away fans made the trip). So, on to Hastings, a more important game in my eyes. COYB

Board footera