BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/9/2021 6:31 PM  #11

Re: Chippenham Town 1 Poole Town 0

You can’t dress it up! That was a complete shambles from start to finish! Inept, turgid performance! What sort of team has the manager assembled! I’ve never seen a team dominated like that at home. Poole should be gutted!
You can’t dress it up, they were woeful. Please get some players who can actually hold the ball for more than 5 seconds! Sort it out now or it will be a very long season.
Needless to say I will be shot down in flames.
At least the goalkeeper is quality.

22/9/2021 8:05 PM  #12

Nice to hear the crowd get behind Chippenham for once, hasn’t happened for a while.A cup tie in the evening always feels good.Poole only have themselves to blame,goalie should have saved Bunker’s free kick and the forward’s thankfully for us couldn’t put the ball in the net.Thought Will Henry was outstanding and Harry Warwick should that he can play a bit, shame no one else up front to feed off of him.Cup games are all about winning on the night and that’s what Chippenham did,regardless of wether we were good or bad.Just hope we haven’t used up all of our luck.As the late and great Jimmy Greaves used to say it’s a funny old game

23/9/2021 10:28 AM  #13

It appears that all the comments on here are at odds with what the manager said after the game in his post match interview. I know it's his job to put a positive spin on the team's performance and yes we're in the next round. Was he watching the same game as the rest of us, we were woeful, couldn't keep the ball, couldn't put two passes together and only Will Henry and Poole's poor finishing  kept Poole from scoring and going through to the next round. 
I think it's time for a bit of a reality check. Maybe  we're not as good a team as we think we are ( or as he thinks we are). Yes there's a great team spirit and great work effort but in my eyes we lack creativity and a proven goal scorer. It has been said before on here that we never replaced the striking duo that was Pratt and Sandell.

23/9/2021 10:57 AM  #14

I am stunned, actually stunned at some of the comments on here. Some of you lot are the kind of people that would win the lottery and then cry when you drop a fiver! We won! We literally won the game 1-0! We went through, kept a clean sheet, scored a goal, GOT THE JOB DONE! And there are comments such as "we are woeful" "we aren't as good as we think we are" "we are lacking all over the place" FFS Ladies and Gents, we came into this season as a contender more for the trapdoor than the playoffs. We have started the season with an unbeaten run including 2 wins, 2 draws in the league, a draw and a win in the FA Cup and have only lost once, a narrow 3-2 against Chelmsford where the ref sent them on their way with a dodgy penalty when we were definitely in the ascendance! Come on now! How about some plaudits for putting together a squad that can make us feel like we have this divine right to win every week and even when we win, we are poor! Losses are disappointing and we react in a way that most do, with anger and frustration but to come on here after a win in the FA Cup and a good tie in the next round to see naught but negativity! Guys, players and managers at this level are human, they will come and read stuff like this, and human nature is to be reactive. Why don't we get behind the lads, recognise teams will be able to play football against us well and realise that not every chance is going to fly in! We need to work hard for our goals and be patient with the strikers we have to provide them! Come on boys, we have lost once all season and this is the reaction, GET A GRIP!  

23/9/2021 11:11 AM  #15

Matt wrote:

inthebox wrote:

Another win, just thought Poole Town were the better footballing side. We can thank Will Henry for two great saves in dying minutes.  All very well having seats behind the goal but at the end of the game last night it was nightmare getting out of the ground, only one exit open, please open the gate that leads out by the cricket club. If Chip are kicking towards the cricket ground second half, at the end of the game the fans  that end stand in the aisle waiting for the players to go over and they are blocking the exit.  Moan over, roll on Hastings.

I’m sure all the gates have to be Fire Escapes so should be unlocked. Have you ever tried going out of one or do you just follow the crowd.

Matt the gates were locked, we are not stupid, If they were fire escapes they would have push bars and not padlocked shut, why do you not get out of your ivory tower and check yourself.

23/9/2021 11:42 AM  #16

TheVoice wrote:

I am stunned, actually stunned at some of the comments on here. Some of you lot are the kind of people that would win the lottery and then cry when you drop a fiver! We won! We literally won the game 1-0! We went through, kept a clean sheet, scored a goal, GOT THE JOB DONE! And there are comments such as "we are woeful" "we aren't as good as we think we are" "we are lacking all over the place" FFS Ladies and Gents, we came into this season as a contender more for the trapdoor than the playoffs. We have started the season with an unbeaten run including 2 wins, 2 draws in the league, a draw and a win in the FA Cup and have only lost once, a narrow 3-2 against Chelmsford where the ref sent them on their way with a dodgy penalty when we were definitely in the ascendance! Come on now! How about some plaudits for putting together a squad that can make us feel like we have this divine right to win every week and even when we win, we are poor! Losses are disappointing and we react in a way that most do, with anger and frustration but to come on here after a win in the FA Cup and a good tie in the next round to see naught but negativity! Guys, players and managers at this level are human, they will come and read stuff like this, and human nature is to be reactive. Why don't we get behind the lads, recognise teams will be able to play football against us well and realise that not every chance is going to fly in! We need to work hard for our goals and be patient with the strikers we have to provide them! Come on boys, we have lost once all season and this is the reaction, GET A GRIP!  

I was at the game, as I didn't see or hear you I take it you were not. I can only say what I saw with my own eyes and reading other comments on here I am not alone.

23/9/2021 12:03 PM  #17

Agree for once with you Hobgoblin, I understand the Sandell Pratt comment, but as I stated earlier Jarvis finished in the top 5 goal scorers in NLS but I take your point.  Voice, I cannot every remembering “ Trap Door “ speak in-fact I can recall the manager saying we should be looking for top ten and the club should stop talking about survival and of course that is very much achievable at this very early stage. Very solid start agreed, but entertaining it mostly definitely is not. 

23/9/2021 12:04 PM  #18

hobgoblin wrote:

TheVoice wrote:

I was at the game, as I didn't see or hear you I take it you were not. I can only say what I saw with my own eyes and reading other comments on here I am not alone.

You are right, I didn't make that one, made the game at Poole and should have got it done there really but when you are absent I feel you deal in facts more than opinion. Fact is, we won, we kept a clean sheet and we went through. I caught the unedited highlights after and watched the whole game from the view of the gantry and to be honest, I didn't see quite the same poor performance from us as others seem to have seen. I saw a plucky, lower league opponent in Poole playing their cup final and Chippenham resisting that and doing enough whilst keeping one eye on a long trip in the league this weekend and getting out unscathed, I guess football is all subjective ay  

23/9/2021 8:05 PM  #19

One thing is for sure that on this forum people will agree to disagree,it’s a fact of life.Everyone sees the game differently and will tell it as they see it.If we all had the same views there would be no discussion.At times some might wear blinkers or rose tinted glasses,but everyone is entitled to their opinion.But who knows who is right or wrong.But at the end of the day if you follow Chippenham, just turn up and hope to be entertained.

23/9/2021 8:57 PM  #20

I did think the forum might get lively after the game.
In my opinion there was only one team playing good, entertaining football on Tuesday and it wasn't Chippenham. Incredibly lucky to win.
I guess if your glass is half full then we have become a difficult team to beat, with a terrific defence.
If your glass is half empty then we lack creativity, flair and goals. 

Board footera