BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/9/2021 11:13 PM  #1

Chippenham Town 1 Poole Town 0

Well we are through to the next round but did so by the skin of our teeth. In truth tonight's performance was less convincing than last Saturday. Fortunately, Poole Town's strikers were their downfall and again Will Henry was vital in keeping our  hopes alive.

21/9/2021 11:15 PM  #2

Re: Chippenham Town 1 Poole Town 0

Well we are through to the next round but did so by the skin of our teeth. In truth tonight's performance was less convincing than last Saturday. Fortunately, Poole Town's strikers were their downfall and again Will Henry was vital in keeping our  hopes alive.

22/9/2021 12:33 AM  #3

A win is a win. Grafted, backs to the wall but got through it.

Into the next round and cash in the bank.

Might not be lightung up the ‘goals for’ column, but we’ve played seven games in all comps, lost just once and conceded only six.

22/9/2021 1:02 AM  #4

Next round here we come, poor game poor crowd and I can understand why attendances are limited as entertainment just not there, but   playing poorly and winning, prize money towards a striker hopefully.

22/9/2021 8:13 AM  #5

First time I’ve seen us in action since pre-Covid.  Good to see a nice queue up the slope towards the turnstiles and, once inside, the ground looking very tidy (still don’t like the seats behind the goal but needs must) and the pitch immaculate. A nice pre-match buzz in the splendid new clubhouse and a nice early goal to settle us down - thought the keeper had it covered but he seemed to dive over it from my viewpoint.  Not familiar with a lot of the players though the ones I did know turned out to be pivotal.  Henry, Richards & Parselle - all immense - they had to be.  Poole gave it a right go and had us on the back foot for large parts of the match, and our formation of seemingly playing a lone striker up front was clearly not working, although you have to give Poole credit for continually forcing us back I guess.  Overall I came away feeling we were fortunate not to be enduring extra-time at least and I almost felt sorry for Poole…..almost.
As for the attendance, not surprised.  Poole brought a decent following, but we haven’t had big midweek attendances for quite some time have we? (Those with stats at their fingertips will be able to shed some light on that no doubt.) And a neutral watching that last night might not be rushing back to pay another £13 for another dose.  
All that said it’s great we’ve got a home tie in the next round, and as long as we don’t blow it anything can happen.  Another step closer to my dream draw of Swindon at home in the First Round proper. 😉

22/9/2021 12:14 PM  #6

Another win, just thought Poole Town were the better footballing side. We can thank Will Henry for two great saves in dying minutes.  All very well having seats behind the goal but at the end of the game last night it was nightmare getting out of the ground, only one exit open, please open the gate that leads out by the cricket club. If Chip are kicking towards the cricket ground second half, at the end of the game the fans  that end stand in the aisle waiting for the players to go over and they are blocking the exit.  Moan over, roll on Hastings.

22/9/2021 1:15 PM  #7

Agree, God help us if we get a worthwhile crowd, Bath I suppose. Good summary from Inside left. 

22/9/2021 3:06 PM  #8

Enjoyed the game last night good away support from Poole made for a good atmosphere. They will certainly feel hard done by, Will Henry definitely our man of the match.

Agree with the comments regarding getting out of the ground, can the Sheldon end exit not be opened as the well as the cricket ground end would make it easier to get everyone out safely.

As for the one lad who marched round in the second half to take on the Poole fans before being evicted, I do hope you went home and found a new hobby. Act that way against some of the bigger teams we face and you will be running home to mummy. Seriously we don't need that at our friendly family club.

22/9/2021 5:27 PM  #9

inthebox wrote:

Another win, just thought Poole Town were the better footballing side. We can thank Will Henry for two great saves in dying minutes.  All very well having seats behind the goal but at the end of the game last night it was nightmare getting out of the ground, only one exit open, please open the gate that leads out by the cricket club. If Chip are kicking towards the cricket ground second half, at the end of the game the fans  that end stand in the aisle waiting for the players to go over and they are blocking the exit.  Moan over, roll on Hastings.

I’m sure all the gates have to be Fire Escapes so should be unlocked. Have you ever tried going out of one or do you just follow the crowd.

22/9/2021 5:40 PM  #10

I was stood at the top end by the clubhouse, a couple walked in without paying so a supporter went over and closed and locked gate.

Board footera