BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/9/2021 2:29 PM  #1

Vincent Harper

In probably the least surprising news of the century! Vincent Harper has left the club following a 7 day approach from National League side Eastleigh FC. Victims it would seem of playing them pre season where Vincent was literally the best player on the park for both sides whilst on trial with the Bluebirds, we have been blessed to have had Vince for 3 of our  National League South fixtures where he has played a vital role in each with incredible performances against Slough and Havant helping us to successive 1-0 wins and winning the penalty (however, giving one away as well) against St Albans in a 1-1 draw on the road. Personally just wanna say what a great lad Vincent is as well as a player. A pleasure to speak to around the ground, a true gent in interviews and a very grounded yet ambitious young man who I am confident will one day be spoken about in the conversation about great former Chippenham players that went on to play at a top level. Good Luck Vince, go well and always remember, once a Bluebird mate! 

Onto the exciting news surrounding Vincent's replacement in the squad for Saturday, Michael Elechi, signed from Oxford on a 1 month loan today! Michael's last game came against Cambridge in the Papa Johns Trophy for Oxford last week. Despite going down 4-1 to the U's valuable experience at the level is always going to aid the development of a player and it seems we are getting a good one here after signing for Oxford from Manchester United's famed youth set up, he will be sure to want to prove to everyone that he himself has a big future in the game. Elechi goes into the squad for the game against Chelmsford and will no doubt be looking to get himself off to a winning start and stretch the unbeaten run at CTFC! 

Best of luck Vinny, welcome Michael and COYMB

07/9/2021 3:57 PM  #2

Re: Vincent Harper

Why did we not have him on contract, we were all saying, if he is not on contract, he will be snapped up.

07/9/2021 4:17 PM  #3

Because of the fact the player, the agent and everyone else knew he would be snapped up. The reason he was even allowed to play us in the first place would have been predicated on the fact he WASN'T tied to a contract that could deny him a move up the pyramid should the opportunity inevitably arrive. We all knew Vince wasn't here for the long term, anyone who saw him in pre season against Eastleigh could have told you he was above the level. The way I see it. It was good business for us to take Vinny and play a small part in his journey and have him develop and contribute whilst here (for however long) and that's been vindicated in an unbeaten start with Vince being a key component of that. Or we could have passed up the opportunity because his agent didn't want him tied and we would never have had him at all. I said on Saturday, we wouldn't have him by the end of September, and this isn't a shock for me but there is nothing we could have done more a club, as a board and as a management with Vincent. We got a good 3 games out of him which was better than nothing and now we move on to supporting the next man in the shirt. This isn't a situation of naivety on the part of the club, It was simply the terms on the table from both player and agent when Vinny came to us. And it makes sense on their part. Should Eastleigh have approached us with Vinny under contract, we certainly would have wanted a lot for the player and potential priced Vince out of the move he was looking for close season that just didn't materialise. 

07/9/2021 4:21 PM  #4

Good luck to Vince.

I think this shows the club in a good light. You'll be given a chance to impress playing competitive football at at a good level, we get a good player for x amount of games, you get in the shop window with clubs looking at you.

Turnover may be a problem but then it always is in non-league.

07/9/2021 6:40 PM  #5

Good luck to him and all that but if Eastleigh wanted him why didn't they sign him two weeks ago when we did. It seems we spent longer trying to sign him then him actually being with us

08/9/2021 9:15 AM  #6

I think Eastleigh were very interested in him a couple of weeks ago when we played them in Pre-Season. But on that night he was an unknown quality to them, they have since done their due diligence and sent scouts down to watch Vinny at both the game away against Slough and the home fixture against Havant. Fact is we did everything we could, as quick as we could to get Vince in a blue shirt and it worked, signed the lad on non contractual terms as soon as he became available, he had to self isolate, first game he was available he played and has played every minute since. This is just Non-League football guys, players like that don't stay here long. He's ambitious and he wants to get back to the league, this is a good move for him when you know his reasons. 

08/9/2021 1:37 PM  #7

Its all been said really, as I posted on here after the Eastleigh friendly he looked to be playing for a contract somewhere. Clearly very talented, good luck to him. I am more worried about the attack and the lack of goals from open play. Hopefully that will be put right against Chelmsford and then Poole!

08/9/2021 1:58 PM  #8

I wouldn't be too concerned about the attack bud, defences win you games in this league. The fact is most sides will be very hard to break down and if you look at the games we have played so far, all 4 of those sides fit that mould, we haven't failed to score once and we have shut 50% of them out. Goals are definitely in us. Chances are being created from everywhere, once we start taking them, we could be a real force to be reckoned with in the division. Marlon and Griffiths will definitely come good, so will Santos, we have Mann and Stearn coming back to 100%, we are going to be absolutely fine. Keep the Faith

Board footera