BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/8/2021 6:55 PM  #11

Re: Havant

Fair play to his lordship,I thought it was a very light hearted and well thought out post,almost matches the length of posts from the voice

31/8/2021 11:20 PM  #12

HisLordship wrote:

Ah!! The knuckle-draggers have stirred! I insulted no-one and merely introduced myself, somewhat longwindedly I agree. 

We have established common ground.

HisLordship wrote:

Factual inaccuracy: I may be a cnut and a twat but am also a fully paid up member of the Labour Party... which might or might not ensure a further term for M Gove Esq as you suggest Ronnie. Who knows?

And it's communists like you good Lord,  who ensure we're stuck with Gove for the next umpteen years.

However, joking aside, welcome to the forum. I hope you accept my most enthusiastic contrafibularities.

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

01/9/2021 9:21 AM  #13

oldman wrote:

Fair play to his lordship,I thought it was a very light hearted and well thought out post,almost matches the length of posts from the voice

Challenge Accepted ;) 

I also appreciate the irony that in accepting said challenge, this arguably becomes my shortest ever post.

01/9/2021 4:59 PM  #14

Well done, Voice. "Brevity is the soul of wit" TBW tells me.  And Ronnie, too, your graciously phrased contrafibularities readily accepted. 

His Lordship's Inexpert Analysis -- Havant (H).

HAVANT & W: A large, composed mobile side  but lacking any venom at all.  More Boa Constrictor than Cobra.. they pressed and pressed and squeezed out corners but had hardly a clear-cut chance.  Looked increasingly frustrated particularly our old friend Alex Wall ( nominatve determinism would make him a defender rather than a forward blunderbuss?).  Edged into cynicism when CTFC  breaks from midfield looked dangerous.  Were scared to death of Young Vince  and manhandled him  on several occasions.

CTFC:  excellent defensive performance and from one corner did what H&W couldn't do from a dozen.  This half-blind old aristocrat, well into his 8th decade, and self-confessedly challenged in the old brain department, couldn't quite work out why a CTFC front line almost identical in build... ie bustling, stocky, combative and neat-footed BUT small! ... were fed so many speculative balls in the air and were comprehensivley outcompeted by relative giants, thus returning the ball immediately and with compound interest to the H&W midfield for the next press forward. Latterly, Young Warwick ( I believe?) had a direct run or two but CTFC barely entered the last 1/3rd of  H& W's half and rarely with intent.
Brilliant full-hearted defensive work all-round... although occasionally Master Richards was being pulled too far right for my liking.  He was exposed by pace once or twice , which is one of the  only  attributes he doesn't possess in  abundance.... unlike Young Vince.  Overall, a masterclass in playing to your strengths and striking once and decisively.  Satisfying.

Board footera