BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/6/2021 7:29 AM  #1

The fine

Have copy and pasted this from Facebook with regards to the £11K or so fine imposed. 

Can I make a suggestion. We have averaged over 500 fans in NLS for the past 3 seasons, so can the club start a crowd funding campaign where each fan donated £20 (pretty much the cost of attending one game). This will go a long way to paying the debt without directors having to find more funds. And in the new clubhouse / bar there could be a list of everyone who donated to help the club out of this situation (this could also include those who donated season ticket money from last season).

24/6/2021 8:30 AM  #2

Re: The fine

Sounds like a good idea; deal me in!

24/6/2021 9:37 AM  #3

Good idea Nick but what about the money we donated re the “ Wall “ sometime back. Can we up the entrance fee, increase the price of a pint so many options, like all clubs in our situation savings will have to be made presumably.  

24/6/2021 3:07 PM  #4

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/discipline-cases/2021/chippenham-town-fc-v-the-national-league---appeal-board---11-june-2021.ashx

What I would like to know first is what will the NL do with the fine money from CTFC and others before I donate to save my club

24/6/2021 4:17 PM  #5

From reading the Bath City post on twitter their "bounce back" appeal more than covers the cost of the fine. Would be good if we could do something similar. 

24/6/2021 6:19 PM  #6

newfan wrote:

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/discipline-cases/2021/chippenham-town-fc-v-the-national-league---appeal-board---11-june-2021.ashx

What I would like to know first is what will the NL do with the fine money from CTFC and others before I donate to save my club

I have no concerns the club needs saving,Neil and the directors will ensure that we carry on and continue to grow, who says we can't get promoted one day soon. We have proved over the years there is nothing to fear.

24/6/2021 6:19 PM  #7

I’d be happy to donate as part of a crowd funding page as a one off.
Don’t like the Bath model where they have been asked twice too dip into their pockets.
Once to fund the pointless playoff game and the second for essential ground repairs.
All the while having a budget that exceeds their income, all for the pursuit of playing at National level while adding to their huge dept.

24/6/2021 6:56 PM  #8

nickgolledge wrote:

Have copy and pasted this from Facebook with regards to the £11K or so fine imposed. 

Can I make a suggestion. We have averaged over 500 fans in NLS for the past 3 seasons, so can the club start a crowd funding campaign where each fan donated £20 (pretty much the cost of attending one game). This will go a long way to paying the debt without directors having to find more funds. And in the new clubhouse / bar there could be a list of everyone who donated to help the club out of this situation (this could also include those who donated season ticket money from last season).

Great idea. I’ll be more than happy to contribute.

24/6/2021 8:17 PM  #9

Difference being, Bath City’s fine was 4k plus costs, ours is 8k plus costs.

27/6/2021 7:35 PM  #10

Total cost is now £13,100, which includes appeal costs of £1,600 and £3,500 legal fees. You couldn’t make it up, could you?

See this announcement from the Club website:

FA APPEAL OUTCOMECTFC fans may be aware that the Club was informed last week that our appeal to the FA against the National League's Independent Panel decision to sanction the Club for breaches of National League Rule 8.39, was rejected. 
In addition to the sanction of £8,000.00 plus an eight-point suspended penalty imposed for next season, having lost the Appeal we must now also pay the FA’s costs of £1,600.00 over and above a further £3,500.00 costs incurred in respect of legal advice and legal representation of our case to the FA.“We are extremely disappointed at the outcome of the Appeal and having since considered other possible options open to the Club, have reluctantly concluded that it is not in our broader interests to pursue the matter further. 
We are grateful for the support shown by our fans whilst our case has progressed. Some have asked if the Club has thought of asking fans if they would consider providing donations to help the Club meet the above costs. 
We have not actively considered this taking the view that it is for individuals to decide if it were something they would wish to do but there is no doubt the Board would regard it as a welcome and massive gesture towards assisting the Club if any fans chose to do so. 
They should contact the Club Secretary in the first instance either via the web site or email: secretary@chippenhamtownfc.club for details of how to donate on-line. 
Donations may also be made via the Clubhouse.
Notwithstanding and although a sense of injustice prevails, we believe we must put recent events behind us and move on with our preparations for the forthcoming season at the same time looking forward to playing football again in front of our fans. We are encouraged by the support you have shown the Club over recent months and thank you for doing so.”

Board footera