BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/6/2021 5:45 PM  #21

Re: Farewell...

Would seem Bradley Ash has signed for Weymouth!

30/6/2021 7:26 PM  #22

Eddie Jones has joined Bath...

02/7/2021 6:14 PM  #23

Change for a player to go to Bath rather than the normal coming from  Bath.

03/7/2021 10:47 AM  #24

Always liked Jones as full back strong and committed, Rigg back so no real issue. 

12/8/2021 9:22 PM  #25

Reginald74 wrote:

Valid points Voice, I take the goalie viewpoint, Henry would have been made someone’s no 1 by now, not seen much of Grant but I think the troublesome left back position will be taken by Vince Harper ex City player who’s had various loans Bath included, I and the crew were hoping for Folston to return. Huge fallout of players available in all areas so I suppose it’s wait and see. 

14/8/2021 11:02 PM  #26

96chipp wrote:

Bradley Ash, Will Puddy and Chris Zebroski have all left the club, confirmed on Twitter. Wish them all the best for the future.

Assume this is the beginnings of the released/retained list. 

I watched Malmesbury Vics play at home today against Moreton Rangers and was surprised to see Zeb in action for the Vics. National League South to Division 1 Hellenic League is some drop. 

17/8/2021 11:28 PM  #27

I’m I guessing Zeb couldn’t commit to the travelling or something similar.
Surprised to see Rigg has joined Frome, but of a step down.
Anyone know where Puddy has gone?

18/8/2021 9:26 AM  #28

Zeb, you are right and it's a lot of travelling when you are picking up minutes from the bench. Good player in his day I just don't think we got enough of his good years to constitute another season. Great lad though and wish him all best. 

Riggy was a strange one, commits to us, needed to wait a couple of weeks to be offered a deal whilst the gaffer ascertained his fitness, sourced another club in the meantime. I think the move will suit George, he is really focussing on his business right now and good luck to him, a great servant, a former club captain and capable of a moment of magic or two! Wish him nothing but the best at Frome and hopefully we can see him in a cup competition at some point, give him the ovation he deserved from Chippenham supporters that we sadly never got the chance to give. 

Puddy, heard rumours but nothing concrete, I did assume he would be on significant money from last season and I wouldn't have thought with a COVID season or two behind us, the club looking to tighten the budget to allow for not only players to potentially come in but also to retain the most part of the squad, a few people would have been offered less money and Will may well have been one of them. Cracking keeper, very experienced if a little hot headed, he will be sorely missed between the sticks by supporters however, Will Henry is proving himself to be a very likeable, talented and solid keeper since being given the number one shirt, he is determined to prove that he is a first choice keeper at this level after his torrid time at Bath last year and with Parselle, Richards, Hamilton all in front of him, would be bet against us having a mean defence again this year?

I couldn't be happier with where we are as a squad to be honest, a couple of full backs away from perfect in my opinion. Hopefully Vinny Harper can plug that gap (a man can dream) however, Alex Bray is far from disappointing me in the role at the moment, quick, good delivery, tough tackler. I like him back there and if it stays that way for the season, I wouldn't be too upset. 

On to Ebbsfleet this weekend, arguably the favourites for the league in only the second game of the season, they don't get easier do they!

20/8/2021 3:22 PM  #29

Reginald74 wrote:

Valid points Voice, I take the goalie viewpoint, Henry would have been made someone’s no 1 by now, not seen much of Grant but I think the troublesome left back position will be taken by Vince Harper ex City player who’s had various loans Bath included, I and the crew were hoping for Folston to return. Huge fallout of players available in all areas so I suppose it’s wait and see. 

As thought 

Board footera