BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/5/2021 10:59 AM  #1

Farewell...

Bradley Ash, Will Puddy and Chris Zebroski have all left the club, confirmed on Twitter. Wish them all the best for the future.

Assume this is the beginnings of the released/retained list. 

13/5/2021 11:47 AM  #2

Re: Farewell...

Shame Chris Zeb has gone as I always thought he put in a shift for us. Not surprised about Ash or Puddy though - Ash too light-weight for NLS level, and Puddy's temperment has shown to be suspect over the last 2 seasons. It will be interesting to see who the Manager brings in. I see that Brad House is Sutton Utd first choice keeper now.

13/5/2021 1:06 PM  #3

Just heard news on BCC Wilts, sad to see Will Puddy go.

13/5/2021 4:36 PM  #4

toyboy wrote:

I see that Brad House is Sutton Utd first choice keeper now.

Don't think he's featured much since joining on dual-reg from Horsham, but impressed for Horsham before their season was curtailed.

Jared Thompson's contract with Brentford B expires this summer.

I'm sure there will be a multitude of young GK's from pro clubs struggling to get a deal this summer as team's cut their cloth accordingly, could swoop for one of those.

13/5/2021 6:54 PM  #5

I'm sorry to see Puddy go - he was excellent especially for someone not that tall. I remember the saves he pulled off against Northampton in the FA Cup were real class -  even getting a celebratory fist bump from the striker he'd prevented from scorer 

13/5/2021 8:51 PM  #6

Me too, a very reliable and experienced keeper, will be difficult to replace.

13/5/2021 10:12 PM  #7

Great shame - Puds has been a key and experienced player for us past few seasons and Ash seemed to be quite prolific this half season just gone

16/5/2021 10:51 AM  #8

Sorry to see them go but I bet Chris and Pudds were pretty near the top of the wage tree. I think we will, as will other teams have to be careful on what they spend on player wages as they've had over a year without any income.

16/5/2021 5:51 PM  #9

Frankly I'm not surprised about Ash and Zebroski leaving, but didn't think Puddy would go at this point. There's going to be a lot of players from League 1 downwards looking for new clubs during the summer so it will be interesting to see how recruitment goes. NLS could be stronger than ever. I just hope we can get back to watching football at HP again in August!

18/5/2021 1:22 PM  #10

I see Freddie Grant was released by Bath City. I think he scored against us on Boxing Day.
Be great if we could get Donovan Wilson from them but with him scoring freely for Sutton where he is on loan suspect he might be looking for a higher level than NLS.

Board footera