BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/3/2021 7:22 PM  #1

Points deduction

Dover deducted 12 points for next season and fined £40,000 for not fulfilling fixtures at end of February. Any news on clubs in National South including ourselves who also refused to play around the same time.

apparently ....
Non-League News reports clubs in National League South fined £2,000 for each fixture they failed to fulfill and also receive a suspended points deduction. Hope somebody in North or South have got a decent QC.

Last edited by Charlie Bird (26/3/2021 7:58 PM)

26/3/2021 7:55 PM  #2

Re: Points deduction

How many games did we swerve?  Looks like it’s £2,000 per game and 2 points deduction per game (suspended) from what I’ve seen on Facebook

26/3/2021 10:39 PM  #3

27/3/2021 11:01 AM  #4

This is totally out of order. The Chairmen of these clubs are trying to keep the clubs solvent during the worse crisis the country has had since WW2 . So what do these idiots do, fine them money they can't afford to pay and then put them in a position that they could be relegated at the end of next season. I can't imagine how Neil is feeling this morning, personally I would just give up. If only the clubs could unite and all resign from the league and show them that they are not going to be bullied.

27/3/2021 11:13 AM  #5

Perhaps a go fund me page could be set up to help the club pay any fine or a similar fund set up for all affected clubs to pay for a QC to sue the National League for whatever reason, safety, defamation of character etcetera. If clubs threatened to sue for a couple of million pounds would the NL risk paying out that much or back down.

Last edited by Charlie Bird (27/3/2021 11:13 AM)

27/3/2021 11:23 AM  #6

Shocking I agree, will the clubs who continued to play come out and support the supposedly guilty? I don’t believe for one minute that this will happen but appealing will come at cost legally, but Neil giving up won’t happen ( Hobgoblin ) the board want National League promotion, since all this started only one person of authority has resigned that being the Dover man who was on the National board, in these uncertain times club chairman must be having sleepless nights but overall I think they couldn’t live without it. 

27/3/2021 12:38 PM  #7

Dulwich have tweeted "DHFC have been fined £8000 and given a suspended 8 point deduction for failure to fulfil fixtures when the funded stopped and we were awaiting the decision to null and void the season."

I'm assuming we'll be hit too with a similar punishment.

Its outrageous - almost as if they want the clubs in the league to go bust. All the clubs should refuse to pay

27/3/2021 1:56 PM  #8

Looks like an EGM might be happening and a vote of no confidence against the NL board.
Fielding and under strength / development fielding is also against the rules, which Concord, Billericay, Tonbridge etc.. did.
Are they also going to be fined?

27/3/2021 9:57 PM  #10

Dover have tonight stated they will refuse to pay the fine. If all other clubs take a similar stance the National League will have two choices: back down or throw 18 odd clubs out of the league causing a melt down in the non league pyramid system.

Board footera