BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/2/2021 9:56 AM  #21

Re: Good for them

I think we and the other non playing clubs are in a strong position, my only concern is that several clubs have gone on record stating budget cuts, player cuts and making noise where has the grant money gone? Surely we have some budget left as we wouldn’t rely totally on gate receipts. 

17/2/2021 10:39 AM  #22

The problem here is that certain clubs are only thinking of the immediacy and not worrying too much about the long term situation with clubs. The furloughing of contracted players and moving the grads into the first team does solve the immediate problem but the fact is whilst this is a short term fix, non contracted players won't be non contract forever, players will move in the close season and the clubs are standing around left holding the debris. Playing at the moment is irresponsible financially, every club including ours wants to play football, that isn't in question and even with the COVID risk I am sure if you asked every player what they want to do, they would be lacing up the boots and getting out there. The difference is at this level "Elite" status, they deserve the same rights as the other clubs who are "Elite" however, that isn't happening. Testing is more infrequent, they cannot "bubble" because they have normal jobs in the daytime that exposes them and with the infectious nature of COVID it only takes one and suddenly a midweek training session derails an entire club for well over a fortnight. I really don't know how they can solve this one. Personally, either grant the money to clubs to continue in the absence of supporters and gate receipt during such a time until restrictions are lifted on supporters (and even then you'll have some stayaways) or simply order the cessation of football until a time where there is clarity and normality (as much as possible) The league can't do anything, they can't expel some 15 odd members because they won't risk financial turmoil or the safety of the players and staff because they league said so. They are simply following process but if enough people stand in defiance, the process has to change. Our club are doing the right thing. They have never said they don't want to play football, they have just said they won't do it at the risk of financial safety and keeping the club running for many years to come. Another shrewd decision if you ask me. 

17/2/2021 6:50 PM  #23

Step 2 will be announced null and void within hours.

18/2/2021 8:28 PM  #24

Now a fact. As a ex NHS employee, what a complete waste the 30k the clubs received has proved to be.

18/2/2021 8:50 PM  #25

Let's hope the charges against CTFC are dropped now, although considering the League's track record I won't hold my breath.

18/2/2021 8:56 PM  #26

Reginald74 wrote:

Step 2 will be announced null and void within hours.

National League announcement here: https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/national-league-statement-outcome-of-written-resol-65151, and on the BBC site: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56119952

Last edited by Yorkie (18/2/2021 9:29 PM)

18/2/2021 10:51 PM  #27

Some people think it's all over........it is now!

19/2/2021 9:00 AM  #28

So will CTFC be charged for whatever rule of the competition they have breached for not fulfilling their fixtures ? Who knows. I guess that decision will be announced over the coming days and weeks. I have to say that the home games this season when I was a volunteer 'Ball Boy' were not enjoyable. To me the squad looked the weakest I have seen for a long time, and lacking in quality. So what happens now ? Does the Club stop paying the players as the season has officially come to an end, or do they continue to train to fulfill their contractual obligations. One thing is certain, the Manager will need to find better suited players for this League for next season. My wish would be Will Richards returns after his stint in Australia for work (I think the Club still holds his registration) and the Manager builds a team around him. I can but dream !

19/2/2021 10:46 AM  #29

Lots of unanswered questions Toyboy, hopefully just a warning regarding future conduct as the circumstances have been so difficult. Yes I and many of the seated area agree, a little underwhelmed by it all, looked a pretty average team, lowest scorers and goals against not good. Would imagine a big turnout of players expected over the next few months. With no relegation from Nat Conf at least the division won’t be any stronger. 

19/2/2021 11:41 AM  #30

I'm inclined to agree with you on the future conduct situation Reginald 74. The National League have handled to whole situation appallingly, with little or no guidance on the situation. From a player point of view from last season, for me the biggest disappointment was the contingent of ex BCFC players we recruited. Talk about past their sell by date ! Still not entirely convinced our current Manager is the right fit for the club - he does seem to choose players he has worked with in the past, and quite frankly most he has brought in have not exactly set the team on fire.

Board footera